Back on the finasteride...

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided to go back on the finasteride now after stopping a few months back due to side effects.

I am still shedding like crazy, which some people think may be due to stopping finasteride a while back, but could be just as likely some aggressive thinning.

To try stop the side's I am cutting a proscar in 1/8ths (tricky I know!) so guess I'm taking between 0.5 and 0.7mg a day. I have a month before I next see the misses to see what the side's are like this time, but I have L-Arginine and GNC mega man vits on stand buy if need be.

I will post some more pics up soonish

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
half dose

I started on 0.5 last week (along with Rogain since Sept last year).

I have read other studies, not found on this site, which show again, that 0.2 to 1mg, to 5 mgs, have about the same suppression rate for DHT.

I cut each propecia pill into half. I thought about .25, but decided half is probably better (and still makes it cheaper).

You use T/Gel...is it the same as Nizoral basically?

I see T/Gel in the stores all the time...how often should I use it?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Re: half dose

Celtictigyr said:
You use T/Gel...is it the same as Nizoral basically?

yes and no.....There have been studies that show the active ingredient in nizoral may have an effect on DHT in the scalp. T/Gel does not have this ingredient.....But they both do a good job at controling dandruff and itch.

BHD

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks

thanks BADHAIR. I will look for %1 nizoral, in the stores here (East Coast like you).

Once every third day or so?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Re: thanks

Celtictigyr said:
thanks BADHAIR. I will look for %1 nizoral, in the stores here (East Coast like you).

you're welcome......Just about every grocery store or CVS or Rite-Aid has it in stock.

Yup...I use it every third day. Be sure to leave it on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing.

BHD

sadhairloss

Reaction score
Re: thanks

BadHairDecade said:
Celtictigyr said:

you're welcome......Just about every grocery store or CVS or Rite-Aid has it in stock.

Yup...I use it every third day. Be sure to leave it on your scalp for a few minutes before rinsing.

BHD

can i get proscar without precription anywhere?

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
legit?

BadHair:

Did it all appear legit? You are sure that this brand of Proscar, from Mexico, is for real?

I really should have thought of that before buying finpecia off this site, if only for the costs..because you can break down a proscar to .625 from what others are saying.

is the proscar pill bigger than a propecia pill? I assume it is. If it is not, I don't see how you could cut it smaller than 1.25. I have a pill cutter (box) and I have been cutting my propecia's into 1/4s, and taking .25 the last few days.

Always appreciate your input.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
THe box says proscar and so does the pill. The only difference is the instructions are written in mexican/spanish. It's legit. I've bought other stuff from that place too. It's all good.

The pill is about the size of a Propecia pill but it has an odd shape. Get rid of the pill cutter and get a good break-away blade box cutter. Cuts the pill like butta. BTW there's no way you're gonna split this thing into 8ths. 5ths is difficult.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
I borrowed a great digital scale from my freind because i was also unsure if proscar was really 5 mg. And it is so rest assured.

Mark1

Reaction score
I have been on my regimin for 2 years. I use Finastride 1.25mg and minoxidil. I am have reordered my finastride and it still has not come. How long can I go without it and not be affected. When should I start to be concerned.

mark1

Mark1

Reaction score
To be specific on my previous message I use Proscar as I am sure you deducted from the 1.25mg

Experts, Please respond ASAP. I am starting to get worried!

Mark1