Bad times, pic heavy

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought i'd write a little story, quite pic heavy, about how things have gone.
Age 17 realized my hair was thinning. Did nothing about it until about a year ago when i was 20.
Started using Nizoral at least twice a week, minoxidil twice a day, however i have not kept to that routine, sometimes applied it once a day, sometimes a day or 2 without applying any.
I now take Fincar daily as well in 1.25mg (is this enough?).
Pics dated June 2010 (aged 19, no treatment)

sv203878.jpg

sv203879.jpg

These pics are dated 21/3/12. Still no regular treatment:

sv206150.jpg

sv206146.jpg

sv206147.jpg

And these were taken last night, just got out the shower, soaking wet hair. Laid flat using my hand:

SV207183_zps472a5695.jpg

Swept back using my hand:
SV207185_zpscca8cf81.jpg

Dried:
SV207188_zps99621f51.jpg

View from the back:
SV207189_zps836ada8a.jpg

Ok, i am fairly happy with the improvement however, the crown is still looking bad.
What got me to post here again is the other night i bent down and a friend said i was losing hair on the crown. Obviously i cant see that area so i had to take pics to look, and it is noticeable, so now im trying to sort it out.
These pics are also from yesterday but demonstrate the issue:

SV207193_zpsc58c55f1.jpg

SV207195_zpscd2d9ea4.jpg

Any advice on where to go from here would be appreciated, or am i doomed to be bald?
Thanks

P.s. Been on minoxidil fairly religiously for about 9 months.
I have since tried finasteride but after 2 weeks i was getting bad sides, achey balls and watery sperm and i dont want to risk my sexual health so that is out the question.
What else can i do to help?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post was placed in moderation. Approved. Bump.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
[...]Any advice on where to go from here would be appreciated, or am i doomed to be bald? [...]

finasteride is the most effective treatment available today but if you were getting bad side effects, you did the right thing.

I suggest you continue to use minoxidil (Rogaine foam is wonderful and much easier to apply) and add Nizoral to your regimen.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive read sides are common for the first month or so so im carrying on with it at a reduced does