BadHairGenes' Story - 20years

BadHairGenes

Reaction score
Okay, my story is not that much different from most other stories in here, but never the less i still feel the need to share it :)

I'm a 20year old male, and up until the age of 18 i had never experienced any signs of hairloss. It actually began at around mid 18, where i first got my hair dyed all blonde. At that time i had relatively long hair for a dude, slicked all back. God i miss those days sitting here thinking about it. Anyway, from that point on i just hit an era of what i would call extreme hairloss. When i was about 19 i realized that i had to try a new hairstyle as the old one clearly left my receding hairline all exposed. At that time it didn't really bother me that much as i still had plenty of hair to cover up the temples. However, things rapidly got worse, and i got to a point where i couldn't stand the hair which i had always held so dear, and saw as one of my best features. I spend an insane amount of time in the bathroom trying to fix my hair in the best possible position to cover up my hairloss, only to walk out on a windy day and get it ruined, and i would in turn spend the same amount of time in a bathroom at school fixing my hair back. Lets just say that era caps and hats became my best friends, and the wind my worst enemy :woot:
However, i couldn't always hide under a cap, and often i naturally got reminded of the horrible truth that laid underneath. It became so depressing that at times i would just stand in front of the mirror, cursing god and even my mom and dad for giving birth to me and my horrible hair genes. At first i went for the support of my parents, which isn't and never really was there. They can’t see the problem and my mom would tell me that i am still a really handsome guy even if i lose all my hair and then cast the issue aside, and my dad would just shake his head at my vanity, naturally he can't put himself in my position having a full head of hair himself. What a b**ch :woot:
What is even more frustrating is the fact that no one of my friends are experiencing the same as I am. They are not so understanding, and whenever I might bring up the issue, they just tell me that they are soooo glad that they are not losing their hair as I am, and that they would probably kill themselves if they did and so on and so forth.
I recently cut my hair very short, and I’m really down and depressed about my current hair-state. I just don’t know what the hell I’m going to do.
Anyway, right now I just feel like I have this major problem in my life and no one understands how I feel, and I can’t really do anything about it myself. Or yes I can naturally get treatments for it, but I’m just scared to death about all the horror stories of permanent sides from finasteride etc. However, just going bald is not really a solution either, as I have yet another problem. I got this “!&/â€Â¤%& huge scar in the back of my head from an accident when I was very young. Sometimes I just think to myself how darn unlucky I am… What are the odds.
I would really appreciate any thoughts, support or ideas that u guys might have. :)

[attachment=2:3396kcuy]Top.JPG[/attachment:3396kcuy]
[attachment=1:3396kcuy]Front (2).JPG[/attachment:3396kcuy]
[attachment=0:3396kcuy]Right.JPG[/attachment:3396kcuy]

Attachments

• Top.JPG
    Top.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Front (2).JPG
    Front (2).JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,458
  • Right.JPG
    Right.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 166

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
BadHairGenes said:
my best friends, and the wind my worst enemy

Ooooh those windy days! Im cringing ...this time of the year is bad for me and my horrendous hairline. I'll also add, fluorescent lighting, direct sunlight, sunroofs, swimming pools and humidity. :shakehead: I comb my hair forward due to my shoddy temples and try to avoid the wind as much as possible. As far as friends, well in my case co workers. I can't stand it whenever we talk ...their eyes seem to just focus on my hair line and stay glued there as if to remind me how fucked up it really is. It's gotten so bad that I have actually hung a small mirror in my cubicle at work just so I can make sure my hair is in check. That works well until the f*****g maintenance crew put in newer, brighter fluorescent lighting around the office. THANK YOU ASSHOLES! Fluorescent lighting..."the forensics of hair loss detection"

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
at 20 luks like aggressive male pattern baldness. last pic def shows horseshoe potential. big 3 ur best bet. you cud hold on to your locks alot longer.

Townsend

Reaction score
Your hairline is almost identical to mine. I'm 22 and just started finasteride 2 months ago. I had some sides for the first couple days but they subsided and I havn't experienced anything since. At the time I started I was shedding like crazy and now I can run my hands through my hair without any falling out, which I haven't been able to do in years. So from my short experience I would recommend getting on the big 3 asap.

Also, a good hair style for your type of hairloss is to use a 1 or 0 guard on the back on sides and keep it finger length on top and mess it up a little with hair styling wax.