Baffled by my hair loss... 21 y/o with diffused hair loss

sleepyshogun

Reaction score
First post on here, so I guess it's obvious that I've bad it with my hair. I have quit smoking (5 years), drinking, cut gluten and sugar out if my diet, added lots of veggies and protein, strength train 3x a week with occasional cardio, never been over 15% body fat, and... Well I'm thinking I don't eat enough, or something is wrong with my metabolism, thyroid, or hormones... Idk. My hair is thinning in all the wrong places! Yes, I've gotten a sort of "m" shape going on, but it's only like a Norwood 1/ 1.5. The main cause of my frustration is the fact that the sides of my head, like above my ears and mostly further back are extremely thin where as the rest is thick (aside from a bit of Norwood thinning).

Thyroid was tested awhile ago. I'm thinking they lie about that **** though. I am getting an ro filter to get all the crap out of our water, maybe that will help. Also going to try essential oils/ carrier oils 1x a week to make this horrid haircut grow (had a 1 on the sides this time... Needless to say there is a LOT of scalp showing...)

Anybody with similar hair loss? And ideas in what it could be?

- - - Updated - - -

First post on here, so I guess it's obvious that I've bad it with my hair. I have quit smoking (5 years), drinking, cut gluten and sugar out if my diet, added lots of veggies and protein, strength train 3x a week with occasional cardio, never been over 15% body fat, and... Well I'm thinking I don't eat enough, or something is wrong with my metabolism, thyroid, or hormones... Idk. My hair is thinning in all the wrong places! Yes, I've gotten a sort of "m" shape going on, but it's only like a Norwood 1/ 1.5. The main cause of my frustration is the fact that the sides of my head, like above my ears and mostly further back are extremely thin where as the rest is thick (aside from a bit of Norwood thinning).

Thyroid was tested awhile ago. I'm thinking they lie about that **** though. I am getting an ro filter to get all the crap out of our water, maybe that will help. Also going to try essential oils/ carrier oils 1x a week to make this horrid haircut grow (had a 1 on the sides this time... Needless to say there is a LOT of scalp showing...)

Anybody with similar hair loss? And ideas in what it could be?

Bump

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, male pattern baldness isn't really affected too much by your diet or lifestyle, it's a genetic thing. If you're losing the hair right above your ears then that isn't standard balding, although if you're losing it on the back it could be crown loss. Have you spoken to a doctor? That'd be your best bet. Also it's very difficult to help you without pictures, so any pictures of your hair and the areas you are losing it would help people give you advice.