Baker1986's story (Starting RU)

Baker1986

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster.

My regimen:
Proscar ¼ since 6th. June 2009
Rogaine foam twice a day since 13th. February 2011 (every morning since 22.4.2012)
Kirkland 5% minoxidil every night since 22th. April 2012
RU58841 50mg/1,5ml since 9th. May 2012

Stopped:
S5 cream every night since 14th. Setpember 2011 (stopped 9.5.2012)
2 % Liquid spironolactone every morning since 21th. December 2011 (stopped 9.5.2012)

Started thinning at 18, turning 26 next month. Didn’t take action until I turned 23, and was probably a Norwood 3 – 3,5 at the time with diffuse thinning, especially at the front. I have been upping my regimen slowly, and the progress has been slow, but steady. Hairline is pretty raped, but I still have a lot of follicles alive along the hairline, coming up as intermediate and vellus hairs. No baseline pics because they where waaaaay to depressing to keep. Anyway, I think I got some pretty solid results, but there are still a lot of follicles at the front that I might be able to grow stronger. At the moment I am considering;

1. Ru/RUM/CB (if it’s possible to get)
2. AHK-CU peptides
3. Switching from finasteride to dutasteride

I believe my follicles are extremely sensitive to DHT, since I doubt there is much DHT in my blood (no beard/mustache, and almost no body hair except for legs :p) That’s why I think Ru/RUM might be a good idea, to completely block out the low levels of DHT left. Links to some pics below, that where taken 26.3, almost recently. The pics where taken after going through a moderate shed for about 5 weeks, and the hairs shedded where mostly intermediate/vellus hairs from the front.. No shedding anywhere else.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3300/2633v.jpg (Front)

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/337/2632w.jpg (Right)

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/2559/2631w.jpg (Left)

What Norwood would you rate me, and do you guys think that Ru/RUM is worth a try? Would love some feedback, comments or questions ;)
Peace out!

!Update!

I'm doing some research on RU atm, and I feel pretty confident that this might be a good thing to try. Will take some new pics before starting, and then track my progress and see how it works out!

cuebald

Reaction score
Re: Baker1986's story

looks like a norwood 2 to me boss

Baker1986

Reaction score

Ah thats actually really good to hear!
Only prob is that the frontal hair is so much shorter, so it looks like a
really wierd cut.. But as many others ive been a hat prisoner for several
years, but right now it looks like it might be possible to get released :)
Still researching RU, think i will start within a few weeks, maybe sooner.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score

I would say you're NW1.5 with a good healthy hair. At your age it's perfect.

Baker1986

Reaction score

Haha thx alot man :D But im afraid the pictures might look better than in real life. I think that i have enough follicles alive to become Norwood 1.5 if they thicken up, but the hair in front grows so extremely slow compared to rest, and the frontal hair is also alot weaker than the rest. You can see its alot shorter in the front, and it never really catches up with the rest. It is getting longer at a very slow rate though.

Anyway, I have ordered RU and the stuff that goes along. I will be taking new pictures before starting, hopefully within 2 weeks.

Peace!

Baker1986

Reaction score
RU cleared the customs today, so i'm expecting it tomorrow. Took its sweet time, but at least it got through :D I also got some 95 % ethanol and PG from my local pharmacy, which wasn't a problem at all to get. I will be taking new pics before starting as soon as i get my laptop fixed, probably within a week. I hope that this will give me the firepower i need to halt male pattern baldness, if not I will be adding copper peptides in the future.

Is there any point continuing spironolactone after RU is added? I'm pretty sure its doing something, because im still seeing small improvements, even after a year on minoxidil which is when the benefit is supposed to top out.. I dont think the improvement im still seeing is connected to minoxidil. Maybe i'l just stay on it till im emtpy and see how much faster im improving after adding RU and then drop it eventually.