Bald And Dealing With It

Reaction score
My name is Todd. I used to have some hair, this was good thick Kennedy stuff, and started losing it around the temples in my mid to late 20s. It took awhile. Maybe that made it worse. Just a little further over on the part, just a little but more hairspray. Finally, the inevitable. I resorted to Toppik. This is not an endorsement. The stuff works ok, I guess, but for some reason on the back of my head turns purpley. Every day, get up, apply it just right, sigh. Finally I decided to buzz it to a 1. This was too much at first. Too much shock. Over the course of the year I went back to a 3, with some Toppik, and then a 2, and then a 1, and finally.. BALD.jpg

This is me. It hurt, and it took time, but after looking at myself, and also, those with bad rugs, and hearing about transplant nightmares, I took the guard off the clippers. I am grateful for that. I figure at 37, not too awful, and better this than have someone see concealer or have a dead animal fly off my head. Did not want to play golf course grounds crew with my scalp either. Maybe someday, Histogen, or something else, I can grow back my real hair, and I would love that. But for now, this is what I am. Many thanks to the brave baldies and buzzies who came before me and set the precedent.

-T

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe someday, Histogen, or something else, I can grow back my real hair, and I would love that.

Won't be Histogen, thats for sure. Replicel.. maybe, but only if they can get the stem cells to retain their properties after being multiplied.

Follica is more likely to grown all of your hair back.. but thats not going to happen anytime soon given their embarrassing slow pace.

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, the buzz doesn't look too bad, it kinda suits you.

New people will just see this, they would have never known what your hair looked like before so if a new person likes the buzz, they like the buzz.

Did you try any of the conventional hairloss treatments?

Reaction score
You know, the buzz doesn't look too bad, it kinda suits you.

New people will just see this, they would have never known what your hair looked like before so if a new person likes the buzz, they like the buzz.

Did you try any of the conventional hairloss treatments?

Nope never did. Thought about it, and maybe I was lazy or in denial, but the side effects of stuff warded me off. The power of the joystick is very important to me, and I am married, so I figure if it makes her hot, awesome. Besides what good does it do to be a kid in a candy store (great hair that attracts women), if I have diabetes (limp stick)? Some of that may be overblown for my part, and I admit ignorance to the true risks beyond anecdotal evidence. But the age when I could have started it was when I was lazier and more impressionable. One thing that makes it easier is that my good hair was gone long ago, because as it thinned, it became wiry and dull. So it was more of a pain in the butt than a plus and did not mind to see it go. That is what I mean if I could grow my own real hair back, not just move cowlicks around.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
By your pic I wouldn't say you are bald at all. I can see a hairline. You have hair on top of your head. Your not slick bald. You may not realize or appreciate it but that little hairline you have goes a long way.

Reaction score
By your pic I wouldn't say you are bald at all. I can see a hairline. You have hair on top of your head. Your not slick bald. You may not realize or appreciate it but that little hairline you have goes a long way.

I do appreciate that little front stubble, it gives just a bit of balance to the buzz. But the crown of my head is at risk of sunburn, hence the bald comment. Maybe I should take a pic of that too for context.

Reaction score
She met me when I had a ton of hair. But we got married when it was still pretty good. She likes the buzz, but yes, she knew it was riding up a bit and was ok with it.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you didn't try. Even if you did get ED, it would go away if you stop taking fuinasteride. It's not like your willy falls off the second you drop a pill. So many guys say they aren't willing to risk ED, are they aware that the symptoms go away? Or are they that terrified of temporary ED that they won't even try?