Bald as the Sun

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Wish me luck, fellas... because I'm shedding pretty bad right now. I'm hoping it's simply me shedding my winter hair, but the itching makes me think different.

I'm see a terrible amount in the shower, the brush... even hairs that seem to just peel off my forehead when I work on my thesis/whatever...

Pics to come soon.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, it's the same story here. Although I'm on about 5 1/2 months of finasteride so I'm guessing it has a lot to do with that.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Im shedding like a total b**ch atm too! I wear one of those hoodie jackets with the hood that hangs down and at the end of the day it kind of catches all the hair, i counted 80+ hairs! Just in a single day and thats only what was caught in my hoody, who knows how many other hairs are just falling to ground.

grr

JonnyX

Reaction score
I recently added Nizoral to my regimine of Rogain and finasteride. I have been shedding much more than normal and the hairs shedding are pretty thick not only thin. Is it because the nizoral is working? I did not think it would have a huge affect one way or the other.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
Im shedding like a total b**ch atm too! I wear one of those hoodie jackets with the hood that hangs down and at the end of the day it kind of catches all the hair, i counted 80+ hairs! Just in a single day and thats only what was caught in my hoody, who knows how many other hairs are just falling to ground.

why do people count hairs every day as if that's some sort of hairloss barometer?

it's natural to lose hair each day!

are you keeping daily, weekly, and monthly haircount logs so you can go back and compare to how many hairs you were losing, say, this time a month ago?

craziness.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm shedding a lot more at the moment as well. I'm not sure, but I think it might be a seasonal thing, especially if many of us are experiencing the same thing?

I do think that I have experienced this before, excess shedding right before and into summer, but every time I experience a shed I suppose I become emotional and upset because I see it as 'it's all going', whereas rationally, it's happened before, I've always been shedding, and I still seem to have hair. Ah well.

Libido

Established Member
Reaction score
JonnyX said:
I recently added Nizoral to my regimine of Rogain and finasteride. I have been shedding much more than normal and the hairs shedding are pretty thick not only thin. Is it because the nizoral is working? I did not think it would have a huge affect one way or the other.
One of the normal side-effects of nizoral is hairloss. At the same time, it reduces DHT, so its probably usually a 50/50 situation. You loose a bit, you gain a bit.

The reason to use Nizoral is really to have a healthy scalp while treat your hairloss, wich is important. Its not nizoral thats supposed to actually treat it.

And yeah, I had a f'ed upp shedding a week ago. If I let it fall on the sink and counted it it was like 40 hairs on occassions.. Might not sound extreme, but for me it is. I think like 20 was my record ever before then. Now I lose almost nothing, so heres hoping it was just a faze.

JonnyX

Reaction score
why do people count hairs every day as if that's some sort of hairloss barometer?

are you keeping daily, weekly, and monthly haircount logs so you can go back and compare to how many hairs you were losing, say, this time a month ago?

craziness.

It is natural to lose an evenly distributed amount of hair all over the scalp. I'm always curious when people say this. I know that with my shedding, about 90 % of it is my front hairline.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
JonnyX said:

craziness.

It is natural to lose an evenly distributed amount of hair all over the scalp. I'm always curious when people say this. I know that with my shedding, about 90 % of it is my front hairline.

Well this is the problem! Im to scared to even touch my frontal hairline, I baby it everyday. I nearlly always get hairs come off when I brush it with my hands. Maybe I should not baby it so much? :dunno:

Damn this is sad...

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
i totally understand counting the hairs

when i went thru my very first shed, i was losing 10-15 strands everytime i shook my head. it was SCARY.

it is NOT normal to shed that much, which is why we end up counting the hairs, afraid to touch or comb, etc.

i'm so thankful for the time being that the treatment has worked WELL for me. since i'm no longer shedding and i've regrown a lot, i rarely ever glance at reflections on the street, be afraid to touch my hair, or even count because if i do i kno only one or two will come out.

shedding has some serious psychological effects

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I find I shed more when my hair is dirty. It falls out like crazy! On the keyboard, on my shoulders, in my food, anywhere and everywhere!

But when I wash it I get little to no shedding :dunno:

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey Alpunk,

How is the shed going? Any pics?

My head is itching also. I was recently told that it is itching because new hair is pushing out the old. Dunno is it's true though.

JonnyX

Reaction score
I find I shed more when my hair is dirty. It falls out like crazy! On the keyboard, on my shoulders, in my food, anywhere and everywhere!

But when I wash it I get little to no shedding

That is really interesting. I would say 95% of my shedding occurs in the shower. I give a pretty vigourous scalp massage as I am shampooing. Then when I am fixing my hair I may lose 5-8 more. On average I lose probably 25 -30 hairs every morning and about 20 from the front/temples area.

But throughout the day unless I start tugging on it, it never just falls out.

JonnyX

Reaction score
Hey Alpunk,

How is the shed going? Any pics?

My head is itching also. I was recently told that it is itching because new hair is pushing out the old. Dunno is it's true though.

Everything I have read indicates that the itching is not good. I was getting that itching thing for a while but it has went away while on the big 3. This is going to sound crazy but about a month ago I started taking like a 50 fingered brush in the shower and using it to rather firmly tap on my scalp after I shampoo. I do this every morning now and while it hurt a little at first I feel like it is stimulating my scalp and I honestly never get that itchy feeling any more.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey guys, the shedding has not been good.

My temples have gone vellus along with my crown... It's not kind of patchy in spots, and I can't really pinpoint an exact cause. Probably the natural progression of things...

In all, it's not looking for good, and I promise to eventually post some pics. Hopefully soon, k??

G

I have a question about Nizoral if someone could help. For some reason I am getting excess shedding using nizoral, and i use it as directed, every other 3 days. I have no dandruff but i use it for sort of thinning hair and i believe that it has made my hair worse. But the funny thing is the hair shedding only occurs when i'm in the shower and when the nizoral is in my hair, once i'm out and rubbing my head during the day, no hairs actually come out, is this to do with some chemical reaction that nizoral has on my scalp? has anyone else had this happen to them?

G

I have a question about Nizoral if someone could help. For some reason I am getting excess shedding using nizoral, and i use it as directed, every other 3 days. I have no dandruff but i use it for sort of thinning hair and i believe that it has made my hair worse. But the funny thing is the hair shedding only occurs when i'm in the shower and when the nizoral is in my hair, once i'm out and rubbing my head during the day, no hairs actually come out, is this to do with some chemical reaction that nizoral has on my scalp? has anyone else had this happen to them?