bald head = big head

tomcatt86

Reaction score
I really dont get it....

When i see bald heads I see people with expanding skulls.
It seems to me that people that are balding always have a pretty big and round skull..

At least the top half of the skull is ALWAYS bigger with a balding person then somebody that is not balding..(at least in proportion)

In my opinion it wont matter that much what kind of topical/ herbs/ shampoo or snake oil you put on your head. I think the biggest underlying reason of hair loss is that the skull of baldies keeps growing.

I see the SAME kind of hair loss over and over with people that share a particular skull shape..

I am truly amazed that nobody shares my opinion on this matter.

I am 100% convinced that one day a researcher will see a correlation between expanding skulls and hairloss.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
If that is the case then how come your Regimen states you are using Rogaine?

Also I am not sure that "no one" shares you opinion as there have been topics here that discuss that very theory but PLEASE do not post any links to Ebooks or websites that sell Ebooks for Skull Expansion. If that happens I will have to remove you from the forum and I really do not want to have to do that.

Thank You

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
The so called "study" exploring this issue, was an article produced in Elsevier´s "medical hypothesis" journal. While Elsevier is a huge publishing company, publishing everything from articles to medical textbooks, this particular journal concerns itself with what you might call "hypothesis generating research".

Which means it aims to create debate, and inspire other researchers through more or less qualified ad- hoc postulations on general observations (or plain "gut feelings"), while producing NO ORIGINAL RESEARCH ON IT´S OWN.

It´s not written to give answers, but to raise questions, create debate and, most important of all, amuse other researchers out there.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
I too have noticed this...but I have also noticed some rather "small" bald heads.

It could be that some do get expanding skulls and some don't.

Also probably the main reason is, when your balding your head will appear bigger without a solid hairline. Hairline sort of frames the face, so it can create the illusion of a bigger or smaller head.

Nevertheless sometimes big heads suit the person, and some people have heads that might appear too small too, we are all different.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
Galaxy86 said:
Also probably the main reason is, when your balding your head will appear bigger without a solid hairline
This.
The theory is not just stupid, it's also insulting.

I remember someone posted a while ago that an idiot told him his "theory" about baldness was that it only affected ugly people.
This "theory" goes about the same line of reasoning.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Galaxy86 said:
I too have noticed this...but I have also noticed some rather "small" bald heads.

It could be that some do get expanding skulls and some don't.

Also probably the main reason is, when your balding your head will appear bigger without a solid hairline. Hairline sort of frames the face, so it can create the illusion of a bigger or smaller head.

Exactly. Check out John Travolta´s huge bald head in "I love you, Paris", and how much smaller it appears with a toupé.

It´s like with the moon: when it´s low it appears bigger because you see it compared to the skyline. The moon is never "closer to or farther from" the earth, it´s just the illusion of a small moon on a big sky, or the illusion of a big moon behind a much much smaller building.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Todd said:
It´s like with the moon: when it´s low it appears bigger because you see it compared to the skyline. The moon is never "closer to or farther from" the earth, it´s just the illusion of a small moon on a big sky, or the illusion of a big moon behind a much much smaller building.

Actually, that phenomenon has nothing at all to do with the size of the moon compared to something else (like a building, or a skyline). Oddly enough, it has to do with a "trick" that our brains play on us that has to do simply with the angle at which we look at the moon. It's been verified by testing human volunteers in large, darkened buildings (about the size of the Astrodome), having them observe and report on illuminated moon-like objects. The results were the same, even though there were no nearby objects at all that they could see in the darkness, and compare to the "moon".

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Todd said:

Actually, that phenomenon has nothing at all to do with the size of the moon compared to something else (like a building, or a skyline). Oddly enough, it has to do with a "trick" that our brains play on us that has to do simply with the angle at which we look at the moon. It's been verified by testing human volunteers in large, darkened buildings (about the size of the Astrodome), having them observe and report on illuminated moon-like objects. The results were the same, even though there were no nearby objects at all that they could see in the darkness, and compare to the "moon".

Cool! Did not know that.