balding + a "babyface" at 28

receding4life

Reaction score
Is there anything worse than balding badly in addition to a "babyface" at 28 years old? I'm a virgin, never had a girlfriend in my life etc and while I work out all the time and I'm in great shape from the neck down, what I have from the neck up kills me. In addition, my father who I inherited it from has cancer and is getting worse and my 20 year old brother is already 6' tall, has all of his hair and has passed me by regarding experience with women. Give me a good reason to want to live.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
receding4life said:
Is there anything worse than balding badly in addition to a "babyface" at 28 years old? I'm a virgin, never had a girlfriend in my life etc and while I work out all the time and I'm in great shape from the neck down, what I have from the neck up kills me. In addition, my father who I inherited it from has cancer and is getting worse and my 20 year old brother is already 6' tall, has all of his hair and has passed me by regarding experience with women. Give me a good reason to want to live.

THough I expect this is someone having some fun....I will bite.

I would say therapy would be a good first start. Forget about the symptom treatment of hair loss. Go find yourself a psychotherapist. :)

andyhunt

Reaction score
Blimey mate, lighten up!
I lost most of my hair at 19 and spent all of my twenties bald, with a brace and dating complete losers! (are the violins playing in Telogen Effluvium background yet?)

I'm now 33, with hair and incredibly happy and confident - it just proves that something CAN be done and having hair again is a completely life changing experience.

In a nutshell, I am now 33 and just staring to live my life (and boy am I living it up!!!)

I really hope things improve for you.

Andy

andyhunt

Reaction score
It's all here on http://www.headofhair.co.uk - my journal.

I had a transplant 4 months ago, take vitamins and medication regularly since the procedure and try and have a good life.

I am so happy with the results so far (around 50% growth) it really has been a great life-changing experience.

Andy

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i hear ya, i have a very young looking face, which is part of the reason i can't pull off the shaved look. if i lost my hair people would say, jesus, look at that 10 year old, he lost his hair early (even though i'm 24). i still get carded at the movies.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
still virgin at 28 ?????? dude u need to goto a different forums first

andyhunt

Reaction score
A virgin at 28! - I should give you my phone number!!!! :)
Keep your chin up matey.

Andy

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
andyhunt said:

I had a transplant 4 months ago, take vitamins and medication regularly since the procedure and try and have a good life.

I am so happy with the results so far (around 50% growth) it really has been a great life-changing experience.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Whenever i see successful hair transplant stories like yours, i feel so happy.

I feel that baldness wont be my ultimate destiny.

Where did you get hair transplant from? How much..??

Sorry i know u must have written somewhere on ur website..but im too lazy to read everything now. I will read it sometime when im free.

But would just like to know answers to the 2 ques above.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, great work Andy. Many thanks for your website. Very insightful.

Glad things worked out for you. Good luck in the future.

andyhunt

Reaction score
nexus81 said:
andyhunt said:

Andy

Hi Andy,

Whenever i see successful hair transplant stories like yours, i feel so happy.

I feel that baldness wont be my ultimate destiny.

Where did you get hair transplant from? How much..??

Sorry i know u must have written somewhere on ur website..but im too lazy to read everything now. I will read it sometime when im free.

But would just like to know answers to the 2 ques above.

I went to Choi-Nhi (http://www.choi-nhi.com/) in Athens and cannot recommend them enough - in 6.5 hours I had 4800 hairs transplanted and fantastic after-care service.
The cost - around £5.5k for the procedure and around £200 a year for the medications.
Worth every penny!

Andy

G

Andy, how much time did youhave off work? Did you get any comments from co workers or did you just not care??

andyhunt

Reaction score
I took a week off work and was a bit self concious when I got back to work so wore a cap for a week.
I then basically said "sod this!" and since then have never worn a hat or cap!
Most people now know I've had a transplant although it's not a topic of conversation - my new future hairstyle is more of a topic!