Balding at 29: Regaine Foam Tips?

baldymonk

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Never thought in my younger days that one day I'd find my self on here.
I am 29 balding/thinning since 22.

My problem was I was itching and scratching my scalp for 6 years and did not find the cause which was dirty scalp. (being scared to wash it properly).

The itching has now gone because I clean my scalp every 2 days and any build up I use a longer nail :) to just slide it along the scalp to remove any build up.

I have bought Regaine foam and wanted to ask some questions please if I may:

1) I am applying to the front because I want to test it there before applying at the back where there is more hair. Is this okay to do or do I have to start from the back first?

2) Does shedding only occur as the exact point Regain foam has touched?

To be honest There is not much hair on my scalp. There is loads of little hairs if you know what I mean.

3) After applying Regaine is it okay to GENTLY use a wide comb and flick the hairs off the scalp as the hairs lay flat on the scalp after they have become wet by the foam?

Good to meet you all and thanks.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I have bought Regaine foam and wanted to ask some questions please if I may:

1) I am applying to the front because I want to test it there before applying at the back where there is more hair. Is this okay to do or do I have to start from the back first?

2) Does shedding only occur as the exact point Regain foam has touched?

To be honest There is not much hair on my scalp. There is loads of little hairs if you know what I mean.

3) After applying Regaine is it okay to GENTLY use a wide comb and flick the hairs off the scalp as the hairs lay flat on the scalp after they have become wet by the foam?

Good to meet you all and thanks.

1) You can start where ever you want. Front, back, middle, wherever.

2) Everybody will not necessarily experience a shed, but yeah if you are going to experience a shed it will be where you are applying the minoxidil.

3) Yes it is ok.

baldymonk

Reaction score
1) You can start where ever you want. Front, back, middle, wherever.

2) Everybody will not necessarily experience a shed, but yeah if you are going to experience a shed it will be where you are applying the minoxidil.

3) Yes it is ok.

Thank you for that. I appreciate it.

I am going to use Wash & Go "everday use" EVERY 2 DAYS. It's like a normal budget shampoo with I believe less chemicals than Head & Shoulders.

The aim is, when ever I feel the urge to pick the scalp I should then use Nizoral?

Or should I use Nizoral each Sunday :)?

Should I use a special shampoo while using REGAINE?

"It's note essential, but we do recommend using a gentle shampoo."

Last edited: