BaldingTemples Story

BaldingTemples

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is a semi-long post but i hope that you can share some insights and like to thank you in advance.

I'm a 26 yr old male w/ receding temples and thinning of the crown area. My family or extended family has no history of baldness. I guess i'm the lucky one. I went to two dermatologists, the first one told me that i'm not balding at all and if i am its only minor and shouldn't worry about it. The 2nd one i went to said that I might be balding and there aren't any tests to confirm it or now and suggested that i start on medication sooner than later since its easier to maintain. I'm still hoping that i'm not balding and it can be due to the stress, poor diet, and living conditions. I have been doing a full renovation of my apartment for the past 8 months. So that means living in a lot of dust and working til late night after i get off from work. So my typical work day is 7am - 11pm, but as i read more from this site I think i just might have male pattern baldness. I dont know when i started balding but i realized it probably 3-4 months ago

I have ordered rogaine foam 5%, I wanted 2% but when i realized it was too late to change the order. I have also ordered fincar and 2% nizoral from united pharmacy. I'm probably planning on starting the regime within the next few weeks once i get everything.

Here are some pics I took when I wrote this post. As a footnote, I always had high temples like a M since I was a kid. My father also has semi high temples but he has full thick hair.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Dude no offense but you're in some serious denial about your hairloss and I can't believe those phoney doctors you visted claimed you wern't balding are actually getting paid! They should be shot! Your pics show clear evidence of minor crown hairloss and highly receaded temples. (You dont need a doctors degree to see that!). Your hair certainly not beyond help, but get on the meds right away. Don't wait another day. Everyday you waste ur losing more and more hair that you may never get back. I would get on Rogaine Foam 5% for your crown and temples immeadiately and don't forget the Finasteride (propecia). That will help you maintain what you currently have. Use the Rogaine to get some regrowth. Good luck :)

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, no offense at all baldingtemples, but metalheadude is right, you are balding i dont know what the hell that derm is talking about. Nut thats ok, your taking the right steps, rogaine and finasteride combo is the right way to go. You balding but your not that bad but it seems like your a few months away from getting bad without medications. You can see some really good results though with propecia and rogaine. You might shed at first though and youll think its getting worse but its not, its a good sign, just stick to it for a year and your bound to see results.

BaldingTemples

Reaction score
I guess I sounded like i was in denial in my first post, but i was just wishing. I figured i was balding thats why i bought the rogaine and fincar. Hopefully i'll respond well to the treatments. I was wondering whats the average time for united pharm to deliver goods to NY from HK? I received a tracking number but it has yet to show up on tracking webpage.

Thanks for the input so far.

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
I would take a guess at around 10 days. My advice would be to get on the rogaine foam for your temples, and let finasteride do the rest. Hopefully finasteride will be enough to thicken up your crown, if after a year it is still thin then rogaine foam your crown too.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
It's most likely male pattern baldness, get on treatment ASAP, I can't believe one of the derms told you that you were okey.