Baldkarma79's Story - (27yrs old - Karma got me - Pix)

baldkarma79

Reaction score
All I can say is I got what I deserved. When I was young (and had a great head of hair) I used to enjoy laughing at guys with bald heads. I used to get a kick out of making fun of my older cousins, my father, even my parish priest! If anything has lead me to believe in karma, it's the fact that I taunted a religious man about his hairloss. On church youth group missions, I used to lead the bald jokes about our priest (who was about the same age then as I am now-27). He laughed them off but I'm sure he was secretly talking with the man upstairs about when to take my hair.

My dad used to caution me about making fun of hairloss, insisting that I would soon be a victim. I figured he didn't know what he was talking about because my hair was different. Right? I was wrong! In the last few years, my hair started falling out at a very rapid pace. I went from a I to a IV on the norwood scale in three years. Karma is a b**ch! Now I'm the butt of the bald jokes. I can't count the number of times in the last year that someone has commented or teased me on my lack of hair. The most memorable would be a few weeks ago when I saw my former parish priest at a church fundraiser. He told me that he was flattered I decided to copy his hairstyle (in front of about five cute girls I was hoping he would introduce me to). I pretended I didn't hear him and proceeded to introduce myself to the girls hoping they didn't catch on. But my old friend didn't drop it there. He proceeded to tell the girls how I gave him a hard time about his hair loss when I was younger. The girls all got the joke and quickly chimed in with comments of their own. (I'm sure they all thought I was an arrogant prick who got what I deserved).

I've been using extra strength minoxidil for about a year and just started taking propecia about six months ago. I've seen no regrowth but I haven't noticed an increase in hair loss. I appreciate the treatment suggestions/testimonials available on this site. Hopefully, I'll have better luck trying some of your suggestions.

I post my story in the hopes that I can redeem myself. I was young, arrogant, and incredibly stupid! I thought hairloss wouldn't happen to me. Share my story with the people that give you trouble. I know I share my experience with them (and laugh a little on the inside) Tell them to wait, karma is a b**ch!

Here's what I'm working with:

H2O

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Bald Karma's Story

baldkarma79 said:
I appreciate the treatment suggestions/testimonials available on this site. Hopefully, I'll have better luck trying some of your suggestions.

Might I suggest adding prayer to your regimen...? :angel:

:eek:nfire:

Sorry I couldn't resist :p I need to go to bed (and ease off the emoticons)

Seriously....good luck. You're on the big 3 it appears so just give it time and be patient. Sometimes it takes up to a year to see results as far as regrowth. Try and incorporate the Rogaine Foam 2x a day for best chances of regrowth if you're not already doing so....and hang in there !!

Oh...and good story !! I like to read "about me" stories with a bit of a plot...well told !!

G

baldkarma79 said:
(I'm sure they all thought I was an arrogant prick who got what I deserved).

lol you do deserve it. enjoy your NW4.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
baldkarma79,
I enjoyed your story. I totally know what you mean and can relate. When I was younger I had no idea people had less hair than others until I was around 19-20. Go figure it took me soo long to figure it out that people loss hair because of genetics. I didn't mock others but I thought it was different that they had less hair I wish you the best of luck.

-Pologuy

souldoctor

Reaction score
baldkarma79 said:
At least I still have my good looks!

LOL haven't u learnt anything. Now that you've said that, what are the chances you're gonna wreck your face in a nasty accident. Sod's law, don't tempt it!!

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan

Now that you have decent hair again, why do you hang around here? Is it just to help others? Very admirable .. I know I'd want to leave and forget all of this as soon as possible :p

G

flimflam said:
JayMan

Now that you have decent hair again, why do you hang around here? Is it just to help others? Very admirable .. I know I'd want to leave and forget all of this as soon as possible :p

Well I'm 90% satisfied with my hair, and you're right that I know enough about this stuff that I don't have to. I'm prob gonna add Rogaine Foam in August and then that's the last thing I'll add to my regimen, and I certainly don't need help, but I derive satisfaction from helping other people with their hair loss and offering them suggestions for products and medications to use to maintain/regrow hair.

Maybe I'm nuts but I'm also a moderator on here so I do things like remove spam and make sure things are running smoothly. I guess they go hand in hand.

Regards.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
great story baldkarma
i wish you luck
dont take jayman seriuosly the guy masturbates 8 times a day :freak:

G

roki said:
great story baldkarma
i wish you luck
dont take jayman seriuosly the guy masturbates 8 times a day :freak:

roki, after you check out my recent pics in my tell your story thread, you'll want to start masturbating 8 times a day as well

hasselbeckfan8

Reaction score
I agree with Jayman! Baldkarma, you do deserve it. Why make fun of bald guys? You're probably just too insecure. I mean too small!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Amusing story. I always thought that I was too cool to go bald. :(

antonio666

Reaction score
bad karma, ithink if it bothers you that much ,get a transplant from armani

you still have a good amount of hair to work with and feel you would get brilliant results(i would get a transplant myself but fear it would do more harm than good has i am norwood 2

RaginDemon

Reaction score
baldkarma79 said:
Transplants are kind of pathetic. Not for me.

then pray that HM will come out sooner

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Bald Karma's Story (now with pic)

I personally DON'T believe in karma. Though you did make fun of bald ppl. I DIDN'T. and here I am, balding, same as you. Maybe, you should give the big 3 sometime dude...
Furthermore, with the fact that you realized making fun of ppl was wrong, I believe you had repented somehow? lolz...no?
btw, shedding is normal. Some people just take a longer time to see the results

cheers, gd luck :bravo:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: Bald Karma's Story - (now with pic)

I believe in Karma...but I never really made fun on bald ppl before although I never thought being bald looked great.