BalgGuy86's story

CG77

Reaction score
Hey guys,I'm almost 26 and have been balding since about 16 years old.It started to become very aggressive at 20-21.I've been on finasteride and Rogaine for a year and a half and I've seen no improvement on my hair at all.Is there any hope for me or is it time to just accept i'm gonna be a bald guy?How long based on the pics I've attached do you think I have till I lose the remaining hair on my head?

Taken 2 years ago

100_0463.jpg

100_0781.jpg

Taken Last Year
IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

Most recent
359845138_88a031aacd_b.jpg

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 25/Diffuse Loss (Pics)

If you were to take the fight to hair loss without consideration of your sexual and mental health then dutasteride plus minoxidil or RU would give you a good chance of maintaining the little hair you have left and you may even see re growth. Finasteride and rogaine still have the potential to re grow your hair over the coming years.

However, considering that you are pretty much bald already. A few things you may want to think about:

Have you considered shaving your head down to a grade 1 or even shaving it clean?

If you are unhappy about your hair loss/ image - what else can you improve in your life to boost self esteem?

Why do you want to have a full head of hair?

That tattoo you have is absolutely terrible by the way!

Jl8T

Reaction score

It looks like the meds are ineffective, what is your family history of balding? Genetics may have it out for you no matter what. Your hair is already very short and no guarding it wouldn't be a giant leap if worse comes to worst. Research some other meds and have a positive realistic outlook on things. If you do end up totally horseshoe its not the end of the world trust me. And tell Fincar to F off with the tat comments, he feels worthless about himself and just wants to bring others down too. Good luck with everything

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Jl8T said:
It looks like the meds are ineffective, what is your family history of balding? Genetics may have it out for you no matter what. Your hair is already very short and no guarding it wouldn't be a giant leap if worse comes to worst. Research some other meds and have a positive realistic outlook on things. If you do end up totally horseshoe its not the end of the world trust me. And tell Fincar to F off with the tat comments, he feels worthless about himself and just wants to bring others down too. Good luck with everything

fincar18 i am going to forward every1 of your post to admin.

CG77

Reaction score

haha I'm not worried about his comment on my tattoo.As for hairloss,I actually am pretty comfortable sahvign ym head totally bald,Ive been doing it off and on the last few years.Been trying the meds though to see if i could get my hair back and at least keep my hair till I'm 30.As for hairloss in my family,my uncles are all like NW5-7 and my grandfather was a Nw7.Part of me is thinking on stopping the emds and jsut shaving my head permanently.Do you guys think my hairloss is going to further progress or do you think Ive lost all I'm going to lose by now?

Joe-1991

Established Member
Reaction score

Hahahaha. Come off it guys, it's just a tattoo. I didn't think people rocked 'tribal' or whatever that shockingly poor design is in 2011.

Baldguy - i obviously can't see your face but the bald look seems to suit your head at least. If you have no problem with it just shave your head and get out there man. This forum is mainly full of losers that can't move on past hair loss or losers like me who got destroyed by taking finasteride.

I am confused by your pictures to be honest. In the top pictures you seem to have some decent coverage that with the use of drugs COULD certainly be maintained and you could potentially even re grow hair. However, in the bottom picture you are an out an out baldie. So, if the true representation of your hair loss is the top pictures - you do not have to give up. If it is the bottom picture - you are done in my opinion, forget the drugs and move on with your life.

Jl8T - i am just being up front about my views on his tattoo. I knew he wouldn't be bothered about it. Get a grip you buffoon.

Let us know what you decide though Baldguy. It would be interesting to see whether your hair improved if you did carry on down the route of drug therapy. Have you suffered any side effects from finasteride?

CG77

Reaction score

The first two pictures were taken over two years ago,the next three were from like a year ago I beleive, and the last picture is current.As for side effects,I had a brain fog for a while,like the first few months,but it went away, and no otehr side effects.i'm honestly not gonna continue the finasteride or minoxidil though,a year and a half and I've jsut kept losing hair as my photos show

Jl8T

Reaction score

Yeah I think it's a done deal. shave it or rock the power alley and carry on with life

Cassin

Reaction score

Fincar18 said:
Hahahaha. Come off it guys, it's just a tattoo. I didn't think people rocked 'tribal' or whatever that shockingly poor design is in 2011.

You never insult people here how they look. Your account is now removed.