Banksy's Story - (22 and thinning bad,getting depressed)

banksy

Reaction score
Hi folks, awesome site! Its great to find so many people who are in the similar situation and how they are dealing with it. I've been watching the forum for a while now and have finally decided to put down my story because I need some help and advice from those more knowledgeable when it comes to fighting hair loss.

O.k so i started losing hair when I was 21 didn't realise to start off with just shed alot but figured it would grow back. Come present day and I'm 22 with really thin hair especially at the front and I hate it!I used to have such thick hair I can remember not being able to put gel in it because it would form massive clumps of hair...sigh, if only that were the case now.Anyways after reading this forum I decided to get proactive and do something about it so I bought propecia, regaine 5% and nizoral. I was hopping that this combined treatment would at least stop the rate of hair loss I have been experiencing but to my disappointment it hasn't, I've been using all 3 for 3 weeks now and have not noticed any difference in shedding, still losing a good 20 hairs a day in the shower, and today I have just been malting like a dog!!I need some advice because its getting depressing now I just want it to stop but it hasn't, I was worried that my propecia may be fake but it looks like the real deal (bought from UKmedix.com) and I have noticed minor side effects nothing major tho.

Did anyone else experience a shed for a few weeks whilst starting propecia?when does it stop? I hope someone can help me with my questions, I used to love my hair and now I just hate the way it looks and my confidence is shot to bits.

Please help, cheers guys.

fadgus

Reaction score
Come on bro, you are not going to get any results in 3 weeks, most people here will tell you to wait 6 - 12 month. Also I wouldn't say that 20 hairs in the shower is a lot, a person loses 100 - 150 hairs a day, remember when I started going bald, I would see 300+ hairs in the drain after taking a shower.

Smaja

Reaction score
Give it at least 6 months before you start worrying that the treatments aren't working. Also your shedding is unlikely to just stop, in fact you will probably shed more at least for a while.

banksy

Reaction score
cheers guys, I know 3 weeks is early days but I just thought that the shedding would decrease sooner.I guess I'll just have to keep at it and stick it out, its just hard cos it seems that everyday my hairs getting thinner.