Baron Moseley's Story - ( I need some advice )

phiesope

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am 20 years old, and my entire life I have had the thickest head of hair. Around September 2009, I noticed it started feeling different. As time went on it kept thinning, and now it's to the point where I can see my scalp through my hair almost anywhere on my head. For awhile I thought my hair thinning was due to taking adderall, stress, lack of exercise, and bad dieting, however, I have made some serious changes and my hair still hasn't grown back. Does this look like male pattern baldness? It doesn't seem not to follow any specific pattern, so could it be DUPA? If you have any input please let me know.

Cheers.

Attachments

• RCA_0104.JPG
    RCA_0104.JPG
    315.3 KB · Views: 149
  • RCA_0176.JPG
    RCA_0176.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 142
  • RCA_0178.JPG
    RCA_0178.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 159
  • RCA_0188.JPG
    RCA_0188.JPG
    315.1 KB · Views: 150
  • RCA_0185.JPG
    RCA_0185.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 149

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know mate, hard to tell by those pictures. I'd go to a dermatologist if I were you.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
sadscalp said:
I don't know mate, hard to tell by those pictures. I'd go to a dermatologist if I were you.
Would you really do that?

@topic: Any cases of male pattern baldness in your family?

phiesope

Reaction score
I went to a dermatologist about 2 months ago. She wanted to wait to put me on Propecia, because it could have been caused by the adderall, bad dieting, etc...
So she recommended that I try using Rogaine. Since I started it seems like it my hair has thinned considerably, although increased hair shedding is a good sign in the first few months. Last Friday I went to my doctor to get all blood tests for my thyroid and such, so I'll know whats going on hopefully tomorrow. I really just wanted to get more opinions.

Shma said:
sadscalp said:
@topic: Any cases of male pattern baldness in your family?

Unfortunately...

Both of my grandfathers, and my father all have MBP.

I feel like I'm pretty much screwed.

:(

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Shma said:
sadscalp said:
Would you really do that?

What, are dermatologists fround upon here?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
baron, try to borrow a better camera and make some pics with dry hair: Hairline pulled back (from front, left and right), and dry crown and top.

phiesope

Reaction score
Here you go :p

Attachments

• Hairline.JPG
    Hairline.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Hair front right.JPG
    Hair front right.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Temp_Left2.JPG
    Temp_Left2.JPG
    324.8 KB · Views: 185
  • Hair temp left.JPG
    Hair temp left.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 149
  • hair top left.JPG
    hair top left.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0532.JPG
    DSCN0532.JPG
    350.6 KB · Views: 145
  • Right side.JPG
    Right side.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 159

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Difficult to say. Could be that you just started to thin out. Wait some weeks, see if the heavy shedding continues and make some pics again then.

Sides and back look totally fine to me.

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
That's what my hair looked like last year - I thought to myself, "man, I need to take it easy - I'm too stressed" and it didn't even occur to me that I may have male pattern baldness. With your family history it's probable that you are in the early stages of male pattern baldness.

My advice is that you should get the propecia asap; don't wait until your hair looks like complete sh*t. I've been on propecia a little over a month now; so far nothing good or bad to report.