BATTLETIME's story

BATTLETIME

Reaction score
Hello all, been an on & off lurker here for a while but am starting to freak out. Im 37 & my hair is getting thinner & thinner etc etc you know the story. Im not comfortable putting up pictures so i will refrain for now. I got my hair cut yesterday & the guy cut it very short so when i left it freaked me out looking in the mirror at home. I know a lot of info is around the site but i just dont have the time to trawl everywhere so please bear with me, im also quite depressed at present over this & even embarrassed coming on here!! I have it pushed forward & usually let it grow on top & keep the sides very short so it makes the top more better looking for density. Then i will keep the front trimmed & let the back fill out in front. I have a patch at the back also but try to never look at it. The sides receded years ago but my original front hairline was fairly low so the front ridge didnt go back too far.I originally thought the Norwood scale was for the highness levels of hair on the back & sides but i understand now that it relates to overall thinning. I have been using Rogaine 2% from October 1996 to 1999 & then Rogaine 5% since then to the very present day. I find that it makes my temples very itchy after i use it & its almost unbearable. I also use thickening shampoos such as Loreal Reginium XY which was very good i thought.
Im 37 & my Father is bald & comes from a bald Father & has 3 bald brothers. My Father had something to play with until his fifties but its more or less gone now. My brother was bald at 22 whereas i had a full head back then just with the hairline receded. My Mothers Father had a receded hairline but was able to slick it back into a decent body of hair for a guy his age in his fifties & sixties.
Basically ive heard of the big 3 Nizoral, Rogaine 5% & Finesteride. I used Nizoral a few months ago & thought it gave a decent wash & i liked the way my scalp felt after using it. Im using normal shampoo at present & wash my hair every 2 days. I urgently need to know about Finesteride as from what ive read here it can actually stop the balding & thinning & may regrow? I know these questions have been asked before but i really would like to know if Propecia etc can actually regrow at all? Also as im in Europe where is the best online pharmacy to order it from & what is the best price? Does it take long to arrive? What about the shipping company linked to this website?I will keep using Rogaine & right after this im going to buy Nizoral in the chemists? Does Nizoral block DHT?
One other thing, ive had a stressful year & i am always fingering & touching my hair almost like im urging it to regrow & possibly making it worse? As of yesterday i have made a commitment to not touching it or feeling the patch at the back of my head. To make you understand how much i much i rubbed my head previously, it nearly broke me today to not touch it!! The restraint i had to deal with was intense!!
Im getting married next March & I would dearly love for whats left to thicken up & also for my hairline at the front to buffer up & strengthen & maybe get new growth there. Its getting quite thin now & its my own immediate viewpoint at the front so any recommendations greatly appreciated. Maybe as i get to know some of you better i can send you on pictures directly & you can advise further or maybe you might think im not as bad as i feel right now? Im just not comfortable posting anything here just yet. Anyway please give me some of your time as i wish i came on here earlier & started Propecia or something years ago. Im well versed on hairloss but i think the side effects of Finesteride made me go no. Maybe used with Rogaine & Nizoral a bit of magic could be summoned? Hope i dont sound too naive as i know the story full well.
Thanks in advance for your assistance & looking forward to geting to know you all better, Again please give me all you can on Finesteride, Propecia etc.
I would also like to give a big shout out to the story of Thelasthairbender which is a truly epic post & thread, the info & sense of duty is an inspiration & i wish you the best with it friend.

Looking forward to your responses,

Battletime.

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 37 Year old BATTLETIMES story & info request

Hello,

Check this out:

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medical ... nt-photos/

This is apparently what it can do for some...pretty convincing eh?

I got a prescription at my dermatologist and bought the original twice. After that I ordered Finpecia at Generics24. They seem to be ok too. Way cheaper.

Read the guide on how to treat hairloss on hairlosstalk.com. It is great. You'll be motivated. I keep saying this because I found it so good. I was in a similar position and started finasteride 2 months ago. Regaine alone is not enough. It works differently. Also explained in the guide.

Best of luck!

BATTLETIME

Reaction score
Re: 37 Year old BATTLETIMES story & info request

Well during the week i sought out some Propecia in a chemist. Im in Ireland & its not available here which i kind of knew but thought id ask anyway. The pharmacist told me the way I could get it is if i got a prescription from a Doctor & then she could find a loophole & get it in for me but it would take a few days.
Anyway then i rang my Doctor & asked him about Finesteride etc etc. He was well aware of it but will have nothing to do with it as it plays with Testosterone & is affecting my normal hormones. Short term he felt was fine but long term he had big doubts. He politely refused & i accepted, he is a nice guy also & i have a decent relationship with him. He also thought it very irresponsible of the Pharmacist to say what she told me & wanted to know who they were. I think its just Nizoral continuously & Rogaine going forward & ill try not to touch my scalp all the time which i have been abstaining from for the last 3 days succesfully.