Battling for 8 years

jordinho10

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First I'd have to say that I'm a hairloss forum veteran. I've been lurking everywhere in the last couple of years while I've been stressing
about my hairline for almost 8 years now.
I'm 25 now and it all started at 17. I never had a straight hairline, it was more rounded in the middle, some sort of smooth widows peak.
At 18 I was in a serious car accident which left me with a couple of noticeable scars on my forehead so from that point in time, I styled my hair to cover those scars. As a consequence I 'forgot' about my hairline since I used a lot of gel to pull my hair over it.
At 19 I started to take closer looks at my hairline from different angles, using different lighting etc.
I thought my hairline was creeping back at a fast pace, but kept covering it up for years.
At 23, I suffered my first depression caused by hair loss. Didn't want to walk out the door and stayed in for a month.
I decided to cut my hair short (1.5cm) and see a hair transplant company. They didn't want to treat me saying my hairline was good and that I wouldn't be satisfied with a transplant should I get one.
Right after the consultation I was quite happy, since a professional told me it wasn't that bad after all.
Still kept worrying though and a few months later I suffered a second depression and buzzed it on #1, which looked like absolute **** and got me comparing myself to a NW3 on the oh so famous scale.
Since that point in time I have never seen my hairline in full, always used a hat, my hand to cover it up, or only show a small portion of it.
I'm 25 now and have grown out my hair, my environment still thinks I'm paranoid and have little to worry about.
Me on the other hand, have been struggling for 8 years, have analyzed every hairline I've encountered and consider myself Norwood 2.5 with grown out hair.
I'm attaching a photo wearing a hat to pull back my hair for you guys to see, although I've covered up my rounded widows peak or the middle island which is still present, since the biggest scar is located there and I hate to see it myself.

Just want to see if my 2.5 estimation is quite OK.
My family info by the way: fathers side quite severe balding (Norwood 4-5 at 52), mothers side is quite OK (grandpa had a Norwood 2.5 up til 75)
I'm from Belgium so please excuse any grammatical errors.

Thanks!

Attachments

• hair 1.jpg
    hair 1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 245
  • hair 2.jpg
    hair 2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 216

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Thanx for being courageous enough to share your troubles. If I didn't know you were diagnosed with Androgenetic Alopecia or male pattern baldness I would opine to say you have a healthy mature hair line or "high forehead". Possibly a trait you've always had? Again thanx for the pics however to be perfectly honest in order to fairly assess your progression state, standing alone they are not much help to me without including earlier comparison(s) photos. If I had to wing it I would estimate that you are at best a Norwood 1.5 and at worst( cap still on) a Norwood 2.5. What has your doctor recommended for treatment so far? Looking forward to your future responses. BTW your grammar is fine and your scars are unnoticeable.:sun: Take care.