bchops story - i need some help read on / /

bchops

Reaction score
i'm 24, tried to convince myself i wasn't bothered by my hair loss, but i am, nothing can get me away from it.

having said that, i'm not embarrassed that i'm losing it. i want help.

i first noticed some thinness two, maybe three ago. only on the crown, and to be fair, thinking back, i was clutching at straws. my hair was still long and still looked rocking. it was slightly receded, but thick enough to cover.
push forward two years though, and i have noticeable thinning. not only on the crown, but in the frontal region too. i've also receded more, as you would expect.
i am now forced to wear it shorter.

here's where i need help.

i've been using nizoral for a ittle over two months,
a) because i've heard it's good
and
b) as i suffer from spots on my scalp itself. they are itchy and can be quite sore.
if i don't wash my hair every day, my hair feels horrible and more thin.
nizoral though, isn't clearing these spots. they keep returning. i get them mainly round the back and on my crown where im thin.

i alternate between nizoral and a volumizing shampoo during the week.
first of all, has anyone suffered from something like this?

second of all, would you recommend getting straight on finasteride? i've weighed it up for ages but have been put off by the talked about sides.
does using 0.5mg carry less risk?

and third of all, is it worth getting on minoxidil? liquid or foam?

i really hope someone can drop us some advice. this sucks.
:dunno:

i can post pictures if they will at all help.

dboy

Reaction score
I've tried the nizoral , and it can lead to itchy red scabs on your scalp.....Also rogaine does the same thing too.....Only use nizoral like twice a week....and if you do ...wash it out with shampoo...It can be very irritating....I suffered hair loss from using nizoral as well as rogaine...Sometimes your scalp is allergic to it...YOu may need to get some antibiotics to clear the red itchy scalp..

bchops

Reaction score
i starting using nizoral as i had these spots on my scalp. sometimes they are spots other times they are like scabs.

its f*****g horrible, another reason why i don't want to go bald.

bchops

Reaction score
you think?

i'm seeing a Doctor tomorrow. i only generally get them at the back and the crown. behind the ear too.

either way, would you get on finasteride?

dboy

Reaction score
I quit finasteride about 5 years ago after about 6 on it...I can tell you I stilll suffer from impotence , zero libido, depression, weak ejaculation, low semen.....It's been a roller coaster ride....If I had to do it all over i WOULD NOT take the drug....now some men can tolerate it...and you may be one of them....If you aint worry bout having a good sex life, then..propecia is fine....when i took it, I notice my hair was thicker, but it really didn't grow hair in the front..but it does maintain what you got...

Rawtashk

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 3+ years and I've suffered no side effects except for regrowth in the crown. There's about a 2% chance that you'll get any sexual sides. If you do, then there's a 60% chance that they'll go away if you keep taking finasteride (body adjusts to the different levels of hormones), and there's about a 0.3% chance that any sides will stay for over a year if you stop.

But, just remember that EVERY SINGLE DRUG HAS A CHANCE FOR SIDE EFFECTS! Even advil. Hell, penicillin has probably saved more lives than any drug in history, yet some people have died after taking it because they're allergic to it.

finasteride is really the best way to go if you want to keep what you have.