beard vs hair growth / topical

crespo

Reaction score
Hello....first post here (what's happened to regrowth?)

Anyway, I am intrigued by the relation between beard growth and hair growth. From what I understand, blocking dht will inhibit beard growth.
Well, I was given some aftershave which claims to inhibit beard growth. After using it a bit, I actually think it works.

The ingredients are quite long, but there seem to be some good things in there.
Sooooo....would I be crazy for trying this on my scalp?

Unfortunately, there is no list of the ingredients online. So, to avoid too long a post, I'll post the ingredients in a new message.

I would really love some input on this. Thanks

crespo

Reaction score
Here's the listing of ingredients of the aftershave. If there's anything that strikes you as being really bad for the hair, please let me know as I do think I'll try this on the scalp. sorry, it's a bit long...

ingredients: water; witch hazel water;
chamomile flower water; myrtle leaf water; butylene glycol; ceteth-20; dimethicone; coriander seed oil;
lemon peel oil; clary sage oil; sandalwood oil;
peppermint oil; lavandin oil; indian palmarosa oil; geranium flower oil; citral;
geraniol; linalool; cintronellol; limonene; eucalyptus flower/leaf/stem extract;
cucumber fruit extract; green tea leaf extract; saw palmetto fruit extract;
algae extract; caffeine; licorice root extract; ursolic acid; oat kernel flour;
poria cocos sclerotium extract; yeast extract; hypnea musciformis extract;
pantethine; sodium hyaluronate; sodium mannose phosphate;
phytosphingosine; hexylene glycol; sialyllactose;
glycerin; polysorbate20; silica; caprylyl glycol;
potassium carbomer; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol

NYVic20

Established Member
Reaction score
People have had much better experience using Revivogen or Spironolactone on thier beards. I just started putting spironolactone (an anti androgen) and I'm waiting like 2 weeks to see If I get a reduction. Even when blocking the androgen receptors, at best you will see a reduction in thickness of the hair, but they will still keep growing like usual. Just look at any transexual that pump themselves with female hormones and eventually has to do electrolysis /laser to get rid of thier facial hair.

jamesrav

Reaction score
beard growth inhibiting cream

I don't think putting it on your head would be a good idea at all. The products that inhibit body hair and beard growth (such as Kalo and no doubt your aftershave) have herbal extracts that slow down hair growth (slightly). Putting it on your head would do the same i'd imagine. They don't affect hormones at all as far as I've been able to learn. Kalo does work, but it's fairly expensive.