Been on finasteride 2 years shedding question

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
hi everyone i have been on finasteride for 2 years had great results but this last month i have been losing alot of hair at the front especially, everytime i bath loads of hair is in the water, my question is should i stay on the finasteride? will this hair grow back? and finally will this shedding stop soon?? :shakehead:

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
nobody can tell you for sure if these hair that you're shedding are gonna regrow or when it's gonna slow down. It's possible though.

Have you made any changes to your regimen in the last 3-4 months? You are using generic finasteride or proscar/propecia? Maybe you stopped taking it everyday during summer, or ordered a different brand from another supplier? These are factors that could make you shed some months later.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Thisisme373 said:
hi everyone i have been on finasteride for 2 years had great results but this last month i have been losing alot of hair at the front especially, everytime i bath loads of hair is in the water, my question is should i stay on the finasteride? will this hair grow back? and finally will this shedding stop soon?? :shakehead:

Ah yeh I would stay on the finasteride. How old are you? What is your DHT and testosterone levels? Are you using Nazoral?

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
i am on fincar the one you cut into pieces, i was taking quater of a tableteveryday then started taking like one eight of a tablet every second day it worked for a while then i noticed about months later that i was thinning very slightly so upped my regime to 1/4 a day and seem to have started shedding since maybe it because of the change, i was using nizoral at the start but after 2 bottlesgave that up iv ordered another bottle now though, im hoping i can grow some back because the shed has thinned my corners a bit not noticable yet though, btw i havent though of going on the big three because the foam sounds a piss take to do everyday.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
hey buddy i just think physics like if you create a vacuum in a closed room it urges to get a air by outside ...
its same think in your body when a tablet wipe out your dht then your body automatically urges to fill ..but in body other hormones try to fill but eventually at one time it will stop....

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
Thisisme373 said:
i am on fincar the one you cut into pieces, i was taking quater of a tableteveryday then started taking like one eight of a tablet every second day it worked for a while then i noticed about months later that i was thinning very slightly so upped my regime to 1/4 a day and seem to have started shedding since maybe it because of the change, i was using nizoral at the start but after 2 bottlesgave that up iv ordered another bottle now though, im hoping i can grow some back because the shed has thinned my corners a bit not noticable yet though, btw i havent though of going on the big three because the foam sounds a piss take to do everyday.

well, if its shedding because you upped your dosage, then i'd imagine that it'll grow back after the shed. if its isnt because of that, and you keep shedding until it becomes noticeable, then id say start on the foam. it sounds like a big hassle. but after you get on it, it becomes second nature

Thisisme373

Established Member
Reaction score
how long untill it stops? and how can u tell if it will row back? at the moment its like where i have lost hair you can see all the dots like where the hair grows, so surely its not premanetly gone?

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
Thisisme373 said:
how long untill it stops? and how can u tell if it will row back? at the moment its like where i have lost hair you can see all the dots like where the hair grows, so surely its not premanetly gone?

thats a hard question, and i dont think anyone really has the right answer. i've been going through a shed myself (after a period of success, like you). sorry mate, its going to be up to you. though id say that nothing good comes from stopping a treatment