Been On Finasteride + Nizoral 1% 8 Years. Shedding Like Crazy.

zanyboy82

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been on Finasteride 1mg + Nizoral 1% for about 8 years with great success, minimal hair loss. But I was put in a hospital for a week for a chronic condition and put on Coumadin (Warfarin) 10 mg.

I missed about a 2-3 weeks of finasteride dose during this time.

I have been shedding profusely for the past month or so.. Added 10mg of Biotin but that hasn't helped..

Should I increase my dose of finasteride from 1 mg.. Any other suggestions to stop this?

Thanks

Yanmega

My Regimen
Reaction score
So the cause of the shedding is because your stopped for some weeks, so I think just getting back on finasteride would do the trick, or am I wrong?
Increasing the dosage from 1mg does nothing as far as I know.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear that it's going down hill for you at this point. However I would say it's quite evident finasteride was working wonders for you if you stopped and the shedding began.

Very nice to see someone have success on just finasteride and nizoral, as that is the treatment I have chosen for myself as well.

Btw, I'm almost 7 months in. Maintenance on crown however hairline is getting DESTROYED. how was the first year or so with you?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been on Finasteride 1mg + Nizoral 1% for about 8 years with great success, minimal hair loss. But I was put in a hospital for a week for a chronic condition and put on Coumadin (Warfarin) 10 mg.

I missed about a 2-3 weeks of finasteride dose during this time.

I have been shedding profusely for the past month or so.. Added 10mg of Biotin but that hasn't helped..

Should I increase my dose of finasteride from 1 mg.. Any other suggestions to stop this?

Thanks
You should not increase the dose. It is useless. However, it is also true that halting the cure fucked up the results. I think it is just temporary though. Keep up the good work!

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
This is interesting...I once paused finasteride for a good 3 month period on my 6 year mark without noticing significant shedding and my hairline didn't change much back then (vertex thinned a little bit). But again finasteride never fully stopped my hairline thinning.

Your reaction makes me wonder if finasteride was doing anything to me lol. Well I'm sure it did something, just not a much as I thought maybe.