Been on Fincar for almost a month...

eric2117

Reaction score
Well I've been on Fincar for almost a month (currently in my 4th week of treatment). I'm 21 and have a norwood 2.5, been on rogaine for a year and recently added nizoral and finasteride. I havent had any sides from fincar, and my question is am i likely to encounter any if i havent already? im wondering if theres any studies that show percentages of people who have sides after not experiencing any in the first month. i know its hard to say and that i may get sides a year down the road, but is it less likely to ever get them if i dont get them within the first month?

barcafan

Reaction score
Its good that you havent gotten em yet. Just stay on treatment and you may never get them!

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the longer u stay without getting sides the more likely you won;t have them. but 1 month is nothing. my sides started coming along on the 2nd and 3rd months. some poeple stay a year without sides. the good news is that they go down after a while. mine started to go down around the 6th month but my sexual drive and erection aren't as great as before.

Jm0311

Reaction score
is it possible for someone not to have sides then maybe a couple years later get some?? like a lot of libido loss?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Jm0311 said:
is it possible for someone not to have sides then maybe a couple years later get some?? like a lot of libido loss?
yes, i've seen stories of people saying this happened to them.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@MPBWarrior:

Really?

I'd be shocked if this was *actually* caused by finasteride and not something else like age, environment, stress or a million other things. Seems very unlikely to me, especially with such few cases (unless you can cite many others?).

@eric2117:

I'm at month two and haven't had any sides either. I'm starting to think that people with "finasteride sheds" are just observing their hair naturally changing cycles (or whatever the tech term is) but as someone with male pattern baldness they're just paying more attention to how much is falling out.