Been shedding..don't know what to do :(

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
I started taking saw palmetto and green tea supplements about a month ago or so, and I am shedding like crazy :(

Should I stop taking them? this is really depressing me

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are two possible culprits for this increased shedding:

Shedding is a good sign when taking treatments. Saw palmetto has lowered your DHT levels and the hair now has the time to grow healthy and thicker. The old follicle is being shed while the new thicker follicle will emerge.

Or

Neither of your green tea extract or your Saw palmetto are making a difference and you are undergoing a normal shed due to male pattern baldness.

It is nearly certain that the first outcome is what is happening. It happens with every effective treatment. Enjoy your new thicker hair.

muhu

Established Member
Reaction score
decro435 said:
There are two possible culprits for this increased shedding:

Shedding is a good sign when taking treatments. Saw palmetto has lowered your DHT levels and the hair now has the time to grow healthy and thicker. The old follicle is being shed while the new thicker follicle will emerge.

Or

Neither of your green tea extract or your Saw palmetto are making a difference and you are undergoing a normal shed due to male pattern baldness.

It is nearly certain that the first outcome is what is happening. It happens with every effective treatment. Enjoy your new thicker hair.

But is it common for the shed to come so early? I've been doing some reading and the shed usually comes 3 months into treatments. I've only been taking these pills for about a month and the shed started 2 weeks ago I believe.

Also I've never shed this much before....

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
Taking saw palmetto as an internal is worthless. It will not stop hairloss or even slow it down. I took that junk for 3 years and all I did was go from a NW1 to a NW2.5. Take either Finasteride or Dutasteride internally if you are serious about stopping hair loss, but don't take saw palmetto, it is just a waste of money.