been shedding since month 2...

arsgunner

Reaction score
been on foam since december and been shedding since late jan,was wondering how long sheds usually last? and im in no way worried or thinking of dropping foam,finasteride or nizoral,but am curious. its not as bad as it was before but im still shedding daily when i put foam on

anyone with experiences is much appreciated

LeesHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Shedding since month 2 is quite common, however shedding for 3 months afterwards isn't very common as far as I'm aware. I think its meant to last about a month.

If you're losing serious amounts of hair for 3 months how much have you still got? I wouldn't have anything left! Remember it is normal to lose about 50 hairs a day for normal people, with male pattern baldness or similar you cna lose up to 100, are you sure it's shedding, and not just hair loss continuing if your treatment isn't working?

Not meaning to depress you there, but 6 months should be about the time to see a definite decrease in loss, might be worth thinking of adding/changing treatments.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take foam and finasteride. I have been shedding since month 2 and haven't stopped. Sometimes hundreds a day. I am 17 months in and hair is improving.

Go with the flow.