Beginning Hair Loss (Need Advice)

brandonng

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm new to the forum and as everyone else, my hair is very important to me.

I am 17 years old and have always had very thick hair and no one in my family has any trace of balding until very very very late in age, as in 70 and older.

I always wear hats as once my hair gets long, it naturally flows to the right without much effort, but recently I decided to get a haircut to change my hairstyle for summer, but normally my hair grows back insanely fast and its back to its normal ways. But this time, my hair grew back fast as always but much has changed, theres a little spot in front of my forehead on the left side where there is very few strands of hair growing, it looks like a triangle and my hair is pointing straight down and wont flow to the right no matter what I do, unless I use product, I have never had this problem before as I always get compliments on how good my hair naturally looks and how healthy it is.

I talked to my parents about this, perhaps it being a receding hairline and me getting onto medication, and they laughed and told me its not possible and I wouldnt need that, I am so worried as I am typically super self confident, but this has killed my self lesteem, as I need to gel my hair now on a daily basis and can not wear hats anymore as my hair just points straight down.

I have spent days researching and it could be perhaps my mature hairline showing or receding hairline, or maybe my hair is just taking extra time to grow, any help from hair experts would be greatly appreciated to put my uneasiness to rest.

Attachments

• jairasd.jpg
    jairasd.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 952

nuc99705

Reaction score
Hi. You mentioned medication, yes some medication can cause hair loss. Check with your doctor. But you are at the age when you start generating testosterone, this is then converted to DHT which is the cause of male pattern baldness.
If it is not your medication then it is more than likely male pattern baldness. Suggest a DHT blocker like Saw Palmetto and FDA approved drug like Minoxidil./