beginning stages of hair loss? (new member to forum)

joeman86

Reaction score
Not sure if I am at the beginning stage of hair loss. My hair seems to be lighter and a little thinner than in the back and on the sides. Some people say I'm going bald and others say my hair is just lighter from the sun so I've decided to join a forum to discuss. Thank you in advance for any comments

Attachments

• IMAG0625.jpg
    IMAG0625.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 271

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
You are almost half way. Definitely not the beginning. Get on meds now.

joeman86

Reaction score
Thank you for your response. I'm not sure what half way means in the sense. But what would you reccomend for this stage. Rogaine? Or would I be best off visiting a dermatologist and letting them decide?

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
I meant that you already lost at least half of your density on top. So it is not the beginning of hairloss, it is a pretty advanced stage.

Rogaine + a DHT inhibitor(either topical like spironolactone, RU etc or systemic like Finasteride).

Remember that Finasteride can give you some nasty side effects.

joeman86

Reaction score
I made an appointment to see a dermatologist. Is it normal for the scalp to be itchy at the area that its thinning at? I'm hoping this recently advancing hair thinning i've been experiencing is due to the anti biotics I have been on for the last few months, and maybe be able to regrow or at least maintain. Thank you again. Im glad I can get honest answers on here

joeman86

Reaction score
just picked up some rogaine. starting my regiment tomorrow. I dont think Im going to try propecia because I dont like the idea of taking a pill every day and Im not so sure I can afford it at this point because insurance wont cover it. I will post back results from just using rogaine and saw palmetto in the future. Thanks for the advice

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd go for proscar instead of propecia (9 dollar pill at walmart), after you have a Doctor's recommendation for finasteride or course.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
There are also internals that will help. MSM has helped reduced my shedding. Nioxin vit is really good at growth so it may boost the Rogaine. Its the only vit I've actually seen growth fron. So has nizoral 2% shampoo its an external though.

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are way overreacting, he is thinning but it's not as far advanced as your making it out to be.

Get on some meds, do your research and you will be fine I bet.