Beginning to shed at the temples

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Alright im still new to this site so I imagine many comment boards get repetitive. But I have have been on Prepecia for 1.5months, not sure if I have gone through a shed phase yet or if I will (I try not to look at my hands when I shampoo in the shower, causes stress) I have been applying Rogaine topical solution to the crown for 2 months, I dont think I have expreinced in that region yet also, hard to tell on the crown.

But anyways I just started to apply the Rogaine foam to the temple area and along the hairline last week and I think Im starting to go through the shedding phase as my hairline looks higher and weaker. Its scary because its right out in front for the world to see. I just want some support from you guys to inform that everything will be ok and to assure me that everything will be alright if I stick with the Big 3 treatment plan and that it will improve.

Please anyone post their comments regarding using rogaine in the temple area and hairline. Im about a Norwood 1.5 going on 2. I will post some pictures once I figure out how to work this site. Thanks fellas!!

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry my spelling and choice of words may be hard to understand. Also my right side seems to recede farther than my left could that be due to the fact that I usually sleep on that side?

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a word of advice. Don't stop using minoxidil - although you think its' not working. I fell for this along time ago. I thought it did'nt work and stopped using it. Hair fell out in the temple region.

Give it time. You don't have to apply alot of minoxidil on it. Most of the time, this stuff does not even grow hair but helps maintain it.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice TEDDYRUXPIN, Yeah Im gonna stay with it and as I said i just started applying it there about 8 days ago so its still early,

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
skelll said:
Thanks for the advice TEDDYRUXPIN, Yeah Im gonna stay with it and as I said i just started applying it there about 8 days ago so its still early,

Just a major note. I used regaine, the british version of rogaine when I was 18 yrs old for 3 years. I thought it did'nt work at one point and just quit. Major no no. Hair at the temple just fell out. Panic and went straight on to propecia. Saviour of all. However, I still have the receding part of the temples but everything else is fine.

Minoxidil works for me but only for keeping hair. This is me. I do know it works wonders at the crown region.