Ben's story.

mrpink

Reaction score
my name is benjamin,
im 21 years old and I live in Germany. I guess my hairloss began 3-4 years ago and it took up speed the last year so i got very nervous about it. I tried to find a solution. First I thought to cut it all short. but my head doesnt have the suitable shape. i quit this attempt and found an alternative. Hair replacement systems custom-made. from hair direct. it looks really amazing how you can hide your balding areas. the only problem is the price and perfomance. at least 200 dollar a month for the perfekt camouflage. i simply cant efford it and I dont feel comfortable to glue hair parts on my scalp. I gave up and accepted my doom to wander the world with a bald head. i tried to find some sympathy for my look in 5 years. for example. alot of women think balding men are hot. as well as you dont have to spend money for shampoo anymore.:p thoughts like that made me feel a little bit more relaxed about my situation. But then several weeks ago a friend of mine asked me if im balding. I agreed and she told me about some fiends of her that had similar problems and solved it with pills. Thats where i bursted into the waiting room of my dermatologist. He pulled some of my precious hair out and analysed them. i had to make up my mind whether i want to apply rogaine every day or if i want to take a pill every day. i asked if you get better results by taking both of them. but he disagreed. it wouldnt improve anything. so thats why im only taking propecia.
i ve been on propecia for 3 weeks now and it feels like it is revitalising my hair. Im still considering to add rogaine. As well as i would like to try nizoral shampoo. But unfortunately you cant get it over here in germany. only the lotion or application cream is in stores.

in case i can upload some pictures here, you can see my hairstatus. I think its NW2. I really appreciate help and suggestions.

2ckg-1.gif

2ckg-3.gif

2ckg-4.gif

Shall i add rogaine?
How often should i use rogaine?
Does it make sense to get nizoral shampoo, too?
And is there anything else im doing wrong or i should think of?

just a short note at the end because it might be relevant.im using finasteride(propecia) from merck.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Add nizoral shampoo, and stay on the propecia, that stuff is great!

beaner

Reaction score
You probably don't need to add Rogaine at this point because it's a good possibilty that finasteride will thicken things up nicely for you. Give it a year and if you want some regrowth, throw in Rogaine at that point. By the way your derm doesn't know what he's talking about. The combination of finasteride and rogaine can be very powerful. The lower DHT environment allows minoxidil to work much better than if used by itself.

mrpink

Reaction score
ok i should use nizoral shampoo. and i would love to but after loads of research i found out its quite impossible to get it over here in hillbilly-germany. Is there an alternative to nizoral shampoo or shall i get rogaine(we got it over here) to my regime because i cant get nizoral?

if not im just staying on finasteride and be patient...

...its just a terrible temptation to buy rogaine. i mean with this stuff your hair is coming back really quick. and as well as im informed you only have sides with finasteride, right?

killing_nemo

Reaction score
It might be just me, but i don't think your recession is that bad at all. It seems to be accentuated bu the fact your centre hairline is almost unnaturally low.

DammitLetMeIn

Experienced Member
Reaction score
killing_nemo said:
It might be just me, but i don't think your recession is that bad at all. It seems to be accentuated bu the fact your centre hairline is almost unnaturally low.

yeah just shave ur centre hairline

mrpink

Reaction score
how come i never thought about that. but i have a better idea. im gonna transplant hair from my back to my scalp to thicken up my hair. it might be a bit curly but at the end of the day its more hair on my head and thats all what counts. :p

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
killing_nemo said:

Lol, brilliant. I am not going bald, I just have an un-naturally low hairline.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
mrpink,
I'd say your around a NW2. You pretty much just have recession in your temples and it doens't look all that diffuse. Stay on Propecia. I've been on it for about a year now and have hardly lost any of my hair. Best of luck to you and let us know how it works out for you.
-Pologuy

mrpink

Reaction score
youve have taken finasteride a whole year and did loose some hair.
thats all. i mean no regrowth or shedding at all. only slowing down the progress of balding.
seems very sad to me. hope you are kidding me.

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
mrpink,
My hairloss isn't bad so I haven't lost anyhair for that reason. I consider it pretty good though. I'm closer to a Norwood 1.5 then a 2 so my hairloss isn't very horrible yet. Best of luck.

-Pologuy

mrpink

Reaction score
2 month 1 week update (propecia)

hey guys,

today I started my treatment exactly 2 months and 1week ago.
I hoped for visible changes even though I never expected to see any improvements.
This would be far to early as you know. But anyway, I've posted some pics just to see if you can tell any changes. Bad or good!?

btw: my hair is shorter than the last time!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re:

mrpink said:
youve have taken finasteride a whole year and did loose some hair.
thats all. i mean no regrowth or shedding at all. only slowing down the progress of balding.
seems very sad to me. hope you are kidding me.

It was properly just a mature hairline to start with.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
it looks the same to me