Besides a hat what do you use for sun protection?

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I'm looking for some products that have UV protection for hair. I've been spending some time in the sun and it's drying my hair out big time. Don't want to wear a hat because #1 I look stupid in hats #2 hat hair #3 trying to tan the face a bit.

any recommendations?

viperfish

Reaction score
There are an endless number of gels, styling aids, that provide some UV protection. I have in the past used Nioxin styling aids that provide protection from the sun and also Regenix gel. However, I have not been able to find a styling aid in particular that I enjoy using and that does not make my hair look like sh*t. I have choosen to go the New York Yankees hat route!

Cassin

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
.... I've been spending some time in the sun and it's drying my hair out big time........

any recommendations?

On this point. I highly reccomend TIGI: Moisture Maniac. Best there is. I use it several times a week..especially after Nizoral. The stuff is like dumping lotion on your head. Let it sit for a few minutes. 1 bottle runs $8 to $15 depending on the store. It's fairly common..but not sold everywhere. It will for sure be at salons.

It's made by Toni & Guy if any of you have one of their salons nearby. You can buy a bottle 3 times the size there for $10 to save some cash.

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
make sure you condition your hair about 3x a week at least with a moisturising conditioner. keeping your hair moisturised will help protect it from the sun too. dont use too much conditioner, but use a bit regularly.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
well couvre would do me no good as I'm not trying to protect scalp. Just my hair.
Thanks anyway :)