Best Copper Peptide

The Dude

Reaction score
Just curious if there are any opinions on which copper peptide brand to get. I just ordered the American Crew Revitalize and then noticed everyone was talking about Tricomin and Folligen. Is one better than the other?

Also, I'm wondering if I could get by with just the shampoo and conditioner. I'm already hitting the minoxidil twice a day, so I'm confused as to when I would use the copper peptide solution. And I've got issues with scalp dryness already from the minoxidil (rite aid brand).

I know that's a lot of questions, but any advice is appreciated.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't know which brands are best but i'm sure help and advice is on its way. though i do want to share this with you... I use tricomin, now i know some people use it like minoxidil and apply it once to twice a day, but what i do is just use it straight after washing my hair while it is still wet. This means i only apply it about three times a week but i find this sufficient. I also use minoxidil, but tricomin will not dry out your scalp and actually benefits the scalp as it contains aloe vera and such substances that are good.

Actually i'm not that sure how often people generally use copper peptides in the regimen ??????????? Annyone?

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
well heres the thing,

Tricomin was orignal version of cp, its the pricest of the 3 with more scientific backing behind its forumla.

American crew is more of a salon product brandname company which partnered with Procyte (manufacturer of tricomin) and their cp forumla to create their version called "American Crew revitalize". According to jesusfreak and a few other ppl , we all suspect that its the same thing as tricomin just with a lil bit more fragrance and saw palmetto and other stuff added to it.

Folligen is created by Dr. Pickart the same person who forumlated the cp for tricomin. According to him, folligen has a higher concetration of cp, thus stronger and more effective. But there are many ppl like myself who actually thought that folligen caused more shedding and more irritation. But then again there are many who find it super beneficial against minoxidil irritations, or basic SOD.

I myself have used both Folligen and AC. I couldn't handle the folligen, it wasn't the stinging when you apply that bugged me, it was the shedding and the irritation it caused.

AC on the other hand was super for my scalp, it was real soothing after you applied it. As far as regrowth, i doubt very much as to any of them can be responsible making your hair grow back unless you've got something else like minoxidil. Also AC can be the cheapest of them all if you know someone whos gotta beauty license and they can purchase the sprays at cost instead of retail.

Hope this all helps

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thanks Spidy182.

I am a little behind on my knowldge of CP's, but bearing in mind what you said the American Crew brand will be my next purchase. How often do you apply your CP?

8)

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
i use it just to fight the irritations and stuff...

if you want the supposely regrowth, i suggest you use it twice a day.

Reaction score
I have currently used Folligen spray for little over a month.

I've heard many people say they experienced irritation and shedding but I don't believe those people continued using the product to notice the benefits. The first few weeks I experienced some serious irritation which have since gone away. I use minoxiidil and I have no irritation or flakes from it like I hear many people complain about.

I highly recommend folligen spray but you have to stick with it (like anything in your reg) it will defintately improve your scalps condition which, in my opinion, is the first step to achieving results from both finasteride and minoxidil.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
i was on it for 3 months, i think thats more than enough time to tell.. if you feel your scalps getting irritated. I do agree that many ppl find it helpful, but I do see ppl whos used it for a months and notice that its actually promoting more shedding and more irritation.