Best Excuse After Hair Transplant Fue Surgery

ipokium

Reaction score
Hi guys, plase suggest best excuses after hair surgery. I'm planning to do fue operation and go back to work after 2-3 weeks and wear beanie hat. I never worned a hat before so probably I will get some weird questions.

As far as I know I will loose transplanted hair in two to three weeks so I was thinking to tell that I had some strange allergy reaction and lose some hair and I'm not feeling relaxed without a hat. I think this is a good excuse. My doctor said he will give me apology document for the work.

My hairloss isn't noticable at all because I'm using Dermmatch so no one thinks I need a hair transplant. I think no one will assume because I won't be wearing Dermmatch and actually hair loss will be visible. I also think people expect more hair after hair transplant and not a hair loss so this won't be logical at them.

Any better suggestion?

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally, I am really not a fan of hiding the fact that you have had a procedure done. I informed friends and colleagues before the procedure, and everyone was only supportive and curious. If anything, they admired the fact that I am looking after my appearance. You're having a great thing done to yourself, so I'd say flaunt it!

If you insist on hiding it, I would suggest simply telling them you shaved your head, which is exactly how it will look. However, in time they will figure it out anyway.

Last edited:

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, plase suggest best excuses after hair surgery. I'm planning to do fue operation and go back to work after 2-3 weeks and wear beanie hat. I never worned a hat before so probably I will get some weird questions.

As far as I know I will loose transplanted hair in two to three weeks so I was thinking to tell that I had some strange allergy reaction and lose some hair and I'm not feeling relaxed without a hat. I think this is a good excuse. My doctor said he will give me apology document for the work.

My hairloss isn't noticable at all because I'm using Dermmatch so no one thinks I need a hair transplant. I think no one will assume because I won't be wearing Dermmatch and actually hair loss will be visible. I also think people expect more hair after hair transplant and not a hair loss so this won't be logical at them.

Any better suggestion?

Hey man,
I had hair transplant 6 weeks ago and returned back to work on 21th day post op. I was totally paranoid as i didn't want anybody to find out i had hair transplant. and in my case nobody noticed i have smth done. For now.
But yes, it depends on few things. I started shaving head 4months before procedure so it wasnt weird when i came back to work with shaved head. Other thing that matters is how big the procedure is. I had 2000grafts on the frontal area and after 3weeks was ok. Still some redness, but way better than at 2 weeks mark. I would suggest you aloe vera gel after procedure. It helps with healing. It also depends on how good your surgeon is, for ex. i can shave my donor area with 3mm guard and nobody could tell i had it done.
If you can wear a hat at work then you won. I have pretty ''serious" job so hat or anything on my head is no go. I would suggest you not to worry to much. You will be very happy in the next few months.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Severe dermatitis to explain redness and temporary loss of hair. It can work for people who don't know much about hair transplantations.

amillionsame

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I just acted like I had a terrible haircut. Told two or three people who were brave enough to ask me outright and otherwise wore a hat for three or four months solid. Obviously people were suspicious and I endured a few tactless comments, but joke's on them, the hat phase is over and these follicles are seeing the light of day.

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im getting 1800 graft fue done next month and i will have four weeks off after it, im not getting my recipient area shaven and as i comb my hair forward as it is, will i be able to get away unnoticed if i leave my hair on top grow long to cover the transplanted area?

MxMa

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im getting 1800 graft fue done next month and i will have four weeks off after it, im not getting my recipient area shaven and as i comb my hair forward as it is, will i be able to get away unnoticed if i leave my hair on top grow long to cover the transplanted area?

Yeah man, don't worry. 4 weeks are enough. Nobody will notice.