best generic brand minoxidil 5%?

FUK-HAIRLOSS

Reaction score
What is the best or recommended generic brand of minoixdil being sold? Is there any benefit to buying ROGAINE.. its rather expensive being its an original

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogaine is just a brand name, its the ingredient minoxidil you are looking for.

I know a lot of people use The Kirkland brand because its cheap. I don't use it but I know you can get it at http://www.minoxidilshop.com

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people talking about Kirkland generic minoxidil.....I've also read a few posts where some people think generic minoxidil is more oily than Rogaine.

Personally I like Rogaine......I also use Propecia instead of Proscar.

some may say I'm wasting my money since it can be bought cheaper, but I'm just doing it for peace of mind. If I have the funds to do it, why not.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
pharoh said:
I know a lot of people use The Kirkland brand because its cheap. I don't use it but I know you can get it at http://www.minoxidilshop.com

That's where I get my Kirkland minoxidil from, excellent prices and quick delivery.

Over the last 3 years I've used both Rogaine and Kirkland's generic minoxidil and there's no discernable difference between the two, as far as I can tell.

Bismarck

Reaction score
BadHairDecade said:
I've heard a lot of people talking about Kirkland generic minoxidil.....I've also read a few posts where some people think generic minoxidil is more oily than Rogaine.

It is more oily because it contains more Propyleneglycol (PPG). That substance increases the shelf life. that's it.

hopewas

Reaction score
like someone has already said,..kirkland. the same people who make rogaine (upjohn) make kirkland

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
hopewas said:
like someone has already said,..kirkland. the same people who make rogaine (upjohn) make kirkland

curious...how do you know this?
BTW upjohn (pharmacia) was bought by Pfizer April of 2003.