best hair loss shampoos/ conditioners?

maintainence1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post. I was wondering what everyone thought were the best shampoos and conditioners for hair loss. Right now, I am using 1% Nizoral along with Loreal Vive for Men's hair thickening shampoo/ conditioner. What shampoos would be the best to add to Nizoral for my regimine? I heard of a conditioner NanoThik, which is supposed to thicken the hair by up to 50%...has anyone tried this?

Thanks

G

I use the Elvive thickening shampoo. Plus I use the Nizoral 2%. That's all

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
It should be stated that the only shampoo for hair loss out there really is Nizoral. There are thickening shampoos however that can cause your hair to *look* thicker. These are what you are looking for, I believe.

HairLossTalk.com

be001g

Reaction score
I buy my Nizoral 1% at drugstore.com for $14 for 7 fluid. ounces (207ml). This seems to be a good price compared to pharmacies. If you put together an order of over $49, you get free shipping.

By the way, you only need to use Nizoral shampoo once or twice a week, so a bottle lasts a long time. You can use whatever other shampoo you fancy for your off days. I recommend using a really good conditioner after you use Nizoral, because it does frizz out your hair a little. Let the Nizoral on your scalp for 5 minutes. The doctor told me this increases its effecitiveness. Maybe that's why I get away with once a week.

I buy 5% Minoxidl from drugstore.com, too. I think a 3 month supply runs around $28 there. I combine my order to get me over the $49 mark for the free shipping.