Best hairline doctor on the west coast?

HairLoss916

Reaction score
I was planning on seeing Dr Umar because of his FUE technique but I am noticing more and more doctors starting to use this so I wanted to look at some other criteria.

For my hair transplant, I want my hairline to be so sharp I'll be able to cut people with it. I'm also looking for natural looking temple closure and just basically an all around natural restoration of my juvenile hairline.

Which docs specialize in this? Looking to stay on the west coast.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLoss916 said:
For my hair transplant, I want my hairline to be so sharp I'll be able to cut people with it. I'm also looking for natural looking temple closure and just basically an all around natural restoration of my juvenile hairline.
:smack:

How old are you, and can you provide any pics of your current hair status?

HairLoss916

Reaction score
Shma said:
HairLoss916 said:
:smack:

How old are you, and can you provide any pics of your current hair status?

28 and here is a pic from a few weeks ago.

http://img98.imageshack.us/i/pic3di.jpg/

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
seems that your hair loss is recent and not that bad yet. are you on medications to prevent further loss? could you provide a pic from the front?

HairLoss916

Reaction score
Shma said:
seems that your hair loss is recent and not that bad yet. are you on medications to prevent further loss? could you provide a pic from the front?

My hair loss is by no means recent. My hairline has been receding since I was 17 but it's been extremely slow. I have never been on any meds nor do I plan to start.

A few seeks ago I was considering getting on minoxidil because I thought my crown was thinning but for some reason it's pretty thick now so I think it was just a scare. So basically no meds.

Here is a (bad) recent frontal pic of the hairline. I don't have any top down pics but you can get the idea from here:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2q8ypnk.jpg

you can see the recision on the left and right. It's basically been like more or less for the past 5 years. I used to shave my head but now that I'm growing it out I've been looking into hair transplant.

barcafan

Reaction score
I dont think any respectable transplant surgeon is going to do it unless you agree to take drugs after the operation.

HairLoss916

Reaction score
barcafan said:
I dont think any respectable transplant surgeon is going to do it unless you agree to take drugs after the operation.
It's pointless to try to "make" a client take drugs because they can simply lie and say they will.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't let location be a decision as you will travel the world to get a bad hair transplant fixed.

Your hair loss is minimal so H+W is out as you want FUE.

Ron Shapiro in MN or Alan feller in NY are great places to start

barcafan

Reaction score
HairLoss916 said:
barcafan said:
It's pointless to try to "make" a client take drugs because they can simply lie and say they will.

But what stops the hairloss from progressing?