best minoxidil skin shed prevention technique

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
At least for me anyways . I have severely bad skin shedding from minoxidil so I shampoo with denotex medicated two hours after putting on minoxidil and this seems to limit the shedding and allows for good minoxidil absortion as well . It seems like by leaving it on for many hours just really softens the skin to the point of pealing .

G

Is two hours enough time for the minoxidil to fully absorb into the scalp ?

Are you allergic to anything in the minoxidil (PPG, Alcohol etc) ?

Which brand Minoxidil are you using ?

Do the Americans spell Peeling with an 'a' ?

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
No , Pealing is incorrect . Also had read that Dr. Lee says one hour is at least recommended thus making two hours a decent exposure . I don't think I'm alergic . Perhaps I am but I don't think allergy can cause skin shed , can it ?

G

Kevin fretwell said:
No , Pealing is incorrect . Also had read that Dr. Lee says one hour is at least recommended thus making two hours a decent exposure . I don't think I'm alergic . Perhaps I am but I don't think allergy can cause skin shed , can it ?

Dr Lee's Formula is, I believe, different to brands like Rogaine as it dries in 30 minutes, but I have read here many times that Minoxidil takes 3 hours to fully absorb into the scalp, I could be wrong about this so someone who knows a thing or two about thses things might want to correct me.

Maybe 'allergy' is the wrong term, prehaps your scalp is sensitive to one of the ingredients in the minoxidil you are using, for this very reason Dr Lee makes a few versions of his minoxidil so people can buy it in various formulas to suit their scalps sensitivities.

I have never heard of or experienced this skin softening effect so I suspect it may be your scalp reacting to something in the formula you use.

How are your experiments with MSM and tin-peptides coming along ?

Thinking of looking into topical meletonin myself.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
In the leaflet along with my bottle of regaine it written that is lasts at least 4hours till you can shower your head.