Best minoxidil to use with RU and other questions.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
What is the best minoxidil to use with RU?

I have some Spectral DNC (which i haven't started yet), but i'm pretty sure i've read that Spectral DNC has very low alcohol and PPG content which would make it a lousy vehicle for RU.

Are there any other minoxidil compounds besides liquid rogaine that i can use with RU?

My next question is.. what is the acceptable wait time until we can wash our hair after applying the RU/minoxidil combo?

My plan is this:

Wake up and apply the RU/minoxidil
After an hour, take a shower
Apply Spectral DNC after shower
Apply Spectral DNC-l before bed time.

The reason why i don't want to use RU/minoxidil before i sleep is because the high alcohol content will probably irritate my scalp if the solution is left on my scalp for an extended period of time - although i might try that anyway out of experimentation.

I wouldn't even bother with the stupid minoxidil vehicle if everclear was available in Ontario, Canada. Stupid liquor control board.

BTW, any suggestions as to who to order the RU from? i really want to get this started as soon as possible.

TheInvincible

Reaction score
jksl said:
I wouldn't even bother with the stupid minoxidil vehicle if everclear was available in Ontario, Canada. Stupid liquor control board.

BTW, any suggestions as to who to order the RU from? i really want to get this started as soon as possible.

well, obviously from ontario chemicals, but wait a few weeks, we are testing the newest batch. :woot:

el_duterino

Reaction score
OC is getting new batches from China all the time, even if you test a certain batch you got in the past, it won't mean that the results will apply to all the batches.

The easiest and cheapest way to find out is to do a melting point test at home.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

how do you do a melting point test?

Also, how long until we can wash our hair after applying RU?

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
TheInvincible said:
we are testing the newest batch. :woot:

By the newest batch, do you mean the sugary, crystal one? If that one turns out to be legit, that would be awesome.

TheInvincible

Reaction score
jksl said:
TheInvincible said:
we are testing the newest batch. :woot:

By the newest batch, do you mean the sugary, crystal one? If that one turns out to be legit, that would be awesome.

it should be fine, it works for me. or it's something else :dunno: