Best Post-hair transplant regimen to get up and running asap again

pppez80

Reaction score
Cheers,

I just got out of my 2nd hair transplant with Dr Hasson (4600 grafts across the board/ complete buzz cut).

I am starting my new job (very client-facing) in two months and am wondering if some of you guys are having some tips regarding whats the best regimen to reach the best possible hair status by then (good length & coverage, reuse shock loss).

My current approach is the following:

0.5 mg Avodart daily
3000mg MSM
Vitamin B6, Zinc and Biotin supplements
Vitamin E oil for scar and recipient area from day 7
2x Rogaine foam starting day 14
Dermmatch and Toppik ready to go(first time user)

Anyone has any more recommendations how to get back to a good head of hair asap after a hair transplant?

Much appreciated /pppez80

pppez80

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply dudemon, very appreciated. I ordered the cheap Graftcyte shampoo and will be using it for the hair wash over the next weeks - I figured it won't really hurt.

I have been using MSM from day one and already noticed accelerated growth of my remaining hair and grafts. I will be also using vitamin e oil to help with scabbing as well as treating the scar.

If anyone has any more tips please feel free to share.

Thanks /pppez80

Petchsky

Reaction score
I used folligen-(copper peptides), and found emu oil to be a great addition. Around two weeks post op my scalp got quite dry, and this helped alot, especially if you restart using minoxidil.

I did smoke weed often post op, and although this didn't effect the yield, healing was slower.

dfwguy

Reaction score
I haven't been doing much research on treatments and regimens so I didn't know about MSM. I tried googling but I thought I could just ask some of you. Can I get it locally at a drug store?

pppez80

Reaction score
dfwguy said:
I haven't been doing much research on treatments and regimens so I didn't know about MSM. I tried googling but I thought I could just ask some of you. Can I get it locally at a drug store?

Hey dfwguy, if you would want to try any of the above I would go with MSM. You can pick it up at any local drugstore. I suggest to go for the ones where on pill contains 1000mg MSM so it's easy to dosage.

pppez80

Reaction score
Quick follow up that you can find a sample of the yielded growth rate of my regimen post hair transplant in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61903

Thanks for the Graftcyte tip - I found the confitioner to be a nice addition that cleared the recipient area quite quickly. Obviously not able to tell yet if it had any influence on the graft appearance time period as well as proclamated by the product distributors.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I've never found MSM to be that effective. Maybe it works a bit but dont expect anything really dramatic to happen.