Best Post-Op Spray To Keep Grafts Moist?

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

I would prefer not to have use Vitamin E Oil and cannot use Biotin Spray or Graftcyte beause they apparently contain Propylene Glycol.

Anyone know of other post-op regimens used by doctors to keep the grafts moist?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Aloe vera gel or oil, emu oil

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Anyone know what Hasson & Wong, Feller, Bernstein, or Rassman use post-op to keep the grafts moist?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Nothing that I'm aware of. Why exactly do you need to keep the grafts moist?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why do you need to prevent scab formation its inevitable?

D

Dude,Where'sMyHair

Most people do not want to walk around for 3 weeks with scabs on their head.

Most people do not want to have prolonged downtime.

Most people do not feel comfortable with walking around with scabs on their head.

Most people cannot afford prolonged downtime.

:punk:

s.a.f

Reaction score
You cant avoid the scabs they will happen wether you spray your head or not its a fundamental part of the healing process. You simply cant make a lateral slit and implant the hair follicle without getting a scab as it heals, its exacly the same as any superficial wound.
There is no way around the downtime you just have to either lay low and avoid people or cover your head. I've never seen a case of anyone getting around it or avoiding scabs and I've had hair transplant's and used both methods (spraying and not spraying the grafts) and always got scabs.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Any decent Dr is going to give you Graftcyte after surgery to spray on your head twice a day.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude said:
I would prefer not to have use Vitamin E Oil and cannot use Biotin Spray or Graftcyte beause they apparently contain Propylene Glycol.

Anyone know of other post-op regimens used by doctors to keep the grafts moist?

Frequent washing with saline solution worked very well for me.

oxymoron

Reaction score
I used biotin spray every hour on the hour during while awake per Cole, which ruined a few baseball caps. I kept this up pretty strictly for the first 10 days. Although, I was amazed at how clean with minimal scabbing the recipient area stayed.