Best product to keep hair that I already have?

texasguy

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here and I was wondering what would be the best product that youve tried that keeps the hair that you already have. I still have a full head of hair but I noticed my hair line receded a tad bit. All my brothers have already gone bald at a young age. I heard that procerin and provillus work as good as propecia but but idk really. I havent tried any products yet, so I cant really say. I also heard good things about revivogen. Im 22 and I just want something that keeps the hair that I have, like I said above. Thanks

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Finasteride, obviously. Sold under brandnames Propecia (expensive, 1mg) and Proscar (5mg, cheap, needs to be cut into 4 or 5 pieces), and several generic brands.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
texasguy said:
Hi, Im new here and I was wondering what would be the best product that youve tried that keeps the hair that you already have. I still have a full head of hair but I noticed my hair line receded a tad bit. All my brothers have already gone bald at a young age. I heard that ********* and ******* work as good as propecia but but idk really. I havent tried any products yet, so I cant really say. I also heard good things about revivogen. Im 22 and I just want something that keeps the hair that I have, like I said above. Thanks

The two herbal products that start with "P" you mentioned are word censored here for previous spamming. They do not work as good as Finasteride, they are mainly Saw Palmetto. While I use Saw P. myself it does not work like finasteride, it works in a different method. Also instead of trying either of those two overpriced Saw P products, why not buy standardized Saw P. from the grocery store and try it while saving some money?

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
Commercial herbal products can be effective in the initial stages of hair loss for a limited period of time.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
The Natural said:
Commercial herbal products can be effective in the initial stages of hair loss for a limited period of time.

You are right The Natural. I meant to say only that Saw P. works differently, not that it does not work as good. I have had good luck with topical Saw P and also used Minomuck as well from Joe.

The Natural

Established Member
Reaction score
No worries, PJ :) .

The term "scam" is often associated with such products as P*r*o*c*e*r*i*n* and Advecia, but I feel it's a misnomer.

Having stated that, users of herbs that interfere with the production of (inhibit) DHT (saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, pygeum, pumpkin seed oil, nettles, and the like) need to be realistic in their expectations: what the majority of users (who are in the initial stages of hair loss) can expect is a temporary reduction in hair loss; some users may be able to maintain the hair that they presently have; and a few may experience regrowth. But again, from my experience and readings, this "success" is only temporary. The body adjusts (builds a tolerance), rendering these type of herbs ineffective, and the process of hair miniaturization resumes.

After the effectiveness of these types of DHT blockers begins to wear off, users will inevitably increase their daily dosage. This doesn't do any good though, and can be potentially quite dangerous.