Best topical DHT blocker.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's the deal; I'm 18 years old and I don't want to take propecia because the thought of taking pills for the rest of my life is disconcerting. So after I see a dermatologist this week I am thinking of starting minoxidil and a topical DHT blocker. So far I have heard about the following blockers:

Spironolactone
Eucapil
Revivogen.

Which one should I use and why? Also which is the best minoxidil to use. In Dr Lee's website his minoxidil combines with azelaic acid which is proven to block DHT. Why not use this instead of the foam? Thank you for your time.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
They are all valid products. I have used them all at one time or another.

spironolactone is cheap and effective, but can be messy if used on extensive areas, its really best for small spots or hairlines. Should be used 2x daily.

Revivogen is a bit more expensive, can be messy too, but you can use it once at night and wash it off in the morning, so its not too bad. This has been effective for me also.

Fluridil, is the most expensive, but also the neatest to use. No mess at all. Use once daily. The only downside is that it cannot make contact with water, otherwise it degrades and becomes inactive. If you use other topicals it can take a bit of planning to get around this. Some good feedback on this from other users.

All are effective, just depends on your pocketbook and your hair loss situation.

Azaleic acid, IMO is worthless, no in vivo studies to date, only in vitro which are really meaningless.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply; I think I will choose Eucapil first. Hope it works.