best treatment for corwn area thinning?

tallan_30

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to hairloss, only 22 years old, and recently noticed thinning in just my crown area. I'm currently at school right now, and don't have much time to do a lot of research and look back over all the forums. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a stack tocombat the thinning in my crown area. I'd like to stay away from propecia/proscar or any other pills. I'd also like to buy the products straight from the internet without a prescription. I was thinking the following:
Nizoral 2% 3 times per week
Minoxidil 5% at night
Folligen lotion at night

I wasn't for sure how often to use the minoxidil, and also not for sure what else to get . Any additions, subsitutions, or deletions, let me know.. Any advice at all would be very appreciated.. thanks

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah you need to take care of DHT.
1. Propecia
2. Revivogen
3. spironolactone
Minoxidil is great for regrowth, Cu peptides for inflammation, but you need to hit the root cause........DHT!

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
when you say crown do you mean just the vertex (back/top of head)? If that's the case go with nizoral and minoxidil 5%. But you have to use the minoxidil twice a day to be effective.
Try that for at least six to nine months. It's a pretty easy regimen and I wouldn't add anything else. Keep it simple since your young and your just starting to thin. It should work quite well for you.

BHD

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
if youre young and starting to thin, finasteride is the solution. dont get on minoxidil if you dont have to. be prepared for some possible sheds. dont just be scared of propecia - theres no reason to be. you need to combat the source of your hairloss, dht. propecia is the best for doing this. minoxidil doesnt even stop balding, it just cosmetically provides an offset of new hair growth - your balding will still continue and youll wish youd gone onto propecia (finasteride, or finasteride). get on propecia/proscar, its your only/best bet, short and long term. then you shouldnt have to worry about hairloss for a long time to come.

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
How about this for a rule of thumb on whether or not to introduce minoxidil to areas of vertex hair loss:

Only use minoxidil if you feel the need to use a concealer.

Otherwise, stick with finasteride, which works great to hold on to vertex/crown hair and even noticibly regrow hair for 40% of men.

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Take the advice of someone who's been treating male pattern baldness for 3 years now and don't get lumbered with using minoxidil twice a day ad infinitum to fight the onset of a thinning crown - start off with Proscar, they have 5mg of Finasteride per tablet so quarter them for your daily dose.

Slarti