BHT

kuros456

Reaction score
Let me first start off by saying i have the blessing/curse of having an extreme amount of body hair. I think this is more of a blessing now since it can grow up to 2 or 3 inches in length (i dont know the full length, since i have to buzz it regularly to keep like looking like a werewolf). I estimate i easily have the amount of hair to fill in a NW7 from my arms and legs alone, and the hairs are the same color and just as thick as on the sides of my head (also, they are long and straight). I only have a NW3 but i would really like to get it filled in.

What i would really like to know fom you guys, is if i should go for it (i probly wont do it right away, but in the next year or two so i can save up money), or wait until surgeons are better at doing this kind of surgery, maybe 5 years down the road. Like i said, my body hair matches my scalp hair almost identically, and i have plenty of donor hair to last a lifetime, or at least until HM. I would like some thoughts on whether or not i should take the risk or wait a few years until technology improves. Also, if anyone can give me a guesstimate on how much this would cost that would also be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

kuros456

Reaction score
btw i just want to add---i'm not expecting to look like Fabio. I'm perfectly fine if it only grows to an inch or two in length. I plan on having my hair only grow that long anyway. I plucked a hair for my scalp and one from my thigh and couldn't tell the difference.

Any input from anyone would be extremely helpful. These boards are the first place i come to for advice, as i've been doing for the last few years!

s.a.f

Reaction score
Why not just consider a normal head Hair hair transplant If you're just NW3 donor supply should be no problem and at least you'll know for sure that it will match and not look odd.
BHT is v expensive and riskier in terms of end results, compared to normal hair transplant.

CCS

Reaction score
BHT costs less than scalp FUE, but has a higher rate of failed results.

Definitely do NOT do scalp donor. If your sides are dense, keep them that way. Simply having a NW1 is not sexy if it is not thick on the sides.

Look into Dr Umar and Dr Avrind Poswell or something like that (Dr A in India). Dr A has done more BHT by far than any other surgeon, probably as much as the rest combined.

Most likely your NW3 area will need about 6-10,000 grafts depening on the size of your head, now much temple you lost, etc. Grafts are $3.5 to $5 each. So figure at least $20,000. But you can do it in sessions, one session per year, over 3 or so years.

Yes, BHT is getting better, but those two docs have almost got it figured out. Maybe wait a year or two, but if you got that much hair you might be able to risk it with those two, good as they are.

There is another Doctor in Istanbul who is does BHT for half that price, but I don't know how good he is. I've heard good results, but his website is not in English so I can't judge too well.

By the time I save up, they should be a bit better. I don't know if they will be cheaper though, with inflation and all.

kuros456

Reaction score
When you guys say that BHT is riskier, what does this mean, that the hair will not take to the scalp, or that it could just look like crap because it's different from you head hair?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Both I suppose.

CCS

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Both I suppose.

Agreed. Dr A in India likes to first move 100 follicles and then have you come back, so he knows how you will respond. Once he figures you out, he then does bigger sessions.

As for scalp characteristics, there is no risk. You can know in advance just by looking whether they match. Mine don't match, but are close enough. My calve hair is a bit curlier, some of them, but others are straight, I think I'll be fine for my temples and for filler. I'll still get a bit of scalp FUE when lowering the top hair line and thickening a few places.

But as thin as my hairline is, I don't think it frames my face propperly. People still see the baldness behind the hairline from some angles, which gives me the huge forehead look. I think I'd be better off with curlies than with scalp showing. Perfect hair helps a lot, and I won't have it. But I can still look better.

Scary thing is if you are honest about your looks, and just do hair transplant, you don't have to worry about being outed, but women will still treat you how they treat you. They can't help how they feel. If you get a hair piece, you will see a huge improvement in how women treat you. It is a total life changer. But then you got to worry about getting caught, and you got change it and maintain it. It can be a bit of a hassel. The decision would be a lot easier if you could just see how you would look with the hair transplant vs HP and then choose, but you never know until after. And once you have hair transplant, you have to shave it daily if you want HP. At the very least I'll have hair transplant for my side temples, since those are the hardest to hide with HP, and most confusing for the factory. They are also the cheapest area for hair transplant and most expensive area for HP.