Big 3, 10 weeks

purvey83

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just wanted to give you a heads up on my treatment so far. I am on the big 3 (proscar 1.25 per day, kirkland brand minoxidil and nizoral). I am 30 years old. I was 29 when I started 10 weeks ago beginning of 2013. I've been thinning maybe 4 years but its got really bad in the past year or so. Hairline wasn't too bad and my loss was pretty diffused.

Since the new year i have seen some progress. Tell me what you think! The lighting is slightly off, but its the best i could do. Hairs the same length straight after a cut.

Baseline
Baseline.jpg

10 weeks
10 weeks.jpg
Hairline 10 weeks
hairline 10 weeks.jpg
Hairline growth 10 weeks
IMG_0414.jpg

The new growth is most likely from the minoxidil. BTW I'm using foam morning and liquid evening because the liquid makes my hair greasy. My hair feels much thicker and looks healthier already.

beaner

Reaction score
The new growth is most likely from the minoxidil. BTW I'm using foam morning and liquid evening because the liquid makes my hair greasy. My hair feels much thicker and looks healthier already.

While it is true that minoxidil probably stimulated your new growth, it probably wouldn't have worked as well if you were not on finasteride also, so you can thank both for your success.

It's looking good and will only get better. Good luck.

purvey83

Reaction score
While it is true that minoxidil probably stimulated your new growth, it probably wouldn't have worked as well if you were not on finasteride also, so you can thank both for your success.

It's looking good and will only get better. Good luck.

Hi beaner, First of all thanks. Reading the successes has really spurred me on. Yeah I've read they can both really play a part when combined. I just wasn't too sure about how long it took for the finasteride to start working. I'm starting to have hope I will be successful. :eek:

Last edited:

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
very good regrowth! good on you, mate!