Big 3 and still losing hair...how much longer?

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been on the big 3 for little over 4 months now. While I notice that I lose less hair when styling or running my hands through my hair, I still lose like 100-150 hairs when shampooing and washing my hair. This can't be normal can it?

I've been on .5mg until recently and went up to .75mg finasteride, 1x Min foam, and 1x liquid per day. I don't think I have lost ground it seems to look better to me. Can I still lose hair and it actually gets better? I'm confused...

Thanks

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I've actually been on minoxidil for over two months now I think. Been using it for two years but only a few sprays on my back. now I use it consistently on my vertex and temples. But I am doubtful that it is a minoxidil shed. I've had that two years ago where I shed a ton of hair. It is nowhere near that much.

I'm starting to think that the vellus hair and new terminal hair I'm seeing is actually from the minoxidil. I've been seeing those very fast after beginning the treatment. At the same time I'm still losing plenty of terminal hair, but at a slower pace. Maybe it is like you say, the finasteride will only kick in, in the next months and it is still early days.

Confusing, frustrating and difficult is what hairloss is. Still have a lot of hair though, so in any case I seem to be catching it early. I will do what the only reasonable thing to do is. Wait and give it more time. It is a painfully slow process...

Sorry if this is a bit confusingly written...