Big Rich's Story - (advise needed)

big rich

Reaction score
hey all,

well where do i begin? first of all i guess i better start with when i first noticed my hairloss. i would of been around 23/24 when my girlfriend who cut my hair at the time said she noticed i was receeding at the temples...as it wasn't to noticable for me i left it until late 2007 when i started to notice when my hair was wet how far my hairline actually went back!

anyway, i started treatment in around late 2007/2008 by researching on the internet natural hairloss stuff...and like may others (maybe) i took belief in Provillus, mainly because it claimed to be natural and work better than anything...i gave this 6 good months to really kick in and kept it sooo consistent, nothing happened and my hairloss got worse! so i did further research and decided to make my own mix of treatment...i started with 200mg of saw palmetto, with other various ingredients...nothing! and i mean after over a year of trying! all because i read the horror stories of propecia, i just didnt want to risk it!

my family history on this subject is both side of grandparents are or were bald, my dad managed to keep most of his hair until late 40's/ early 50's and my brother (2 yrs older, i'm 27) looks like he has a simular patten to me, although my hair has always been slightly darker and thicker...

i'm massivly paranoid about my hairloss and have spent many worried nights over it like im sure most of you have...i'm a pretty vein person in this respect...6' 3" not a bad looking guy, total gym obsessed, but i always have been someone who styles his hair religiously!! i straighten my hair as well as hairspray and crew fibre putty...right now though i have a great hairdresser who has managed to give me a very stylish look that makes me look much less thinner than i am...

my treatments at this moment are:
1/2 propecia pill (due to fear of side effects)
Nizorol evey other day
Revivogen shampoo on nizoral off days
with a health hair vit when i remember

i keep very strict with this and think i have had some sucess, (less hairloss in the shower and the top has thicken up it seems, still not much luck on the temples though) but my questions being around rogaine foam...i was thinking of adding this to my current treatment but am unsure how this will affect my styling, especially with the hair straightening...any one who cares to advise i would greatly appreciate :)

also, propecia and nizoral - can this help the temple growth or will rogaine foam be needed for this?

oh btw, side effects wise on the propecia, i think i have had some...since starting i had some brain fog and do find it harder to get an erection, although saying this, its not a huge deal...it still works for me (even when drunk) maybe they are not as hard also...i dont want to go the whole hog for a whole pill as i think the mental aspect of fear of sid effects can actually spur them on!

anyway gents, hopefully someone will post back...let me know your thoughts :)

cheers,

Rich.

Attachments

• Untitled no face.png
    Untitled no face.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 352

big rich

Reaction score
Re: Intro & advise needed

p.s. current treatrments have been since may, so seven months!! :whistle:

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Intro & advise needed

I dont see anything wrong with your hair from that picture.