Bigger, faster, stronger

s.a.f

Reaction score
I'd recommend this documentry to everyone, it raised some very interesting points about modern mens perception of how they look. The guy making it is obviously very passionate about the subject, and what it does'nt show you is that after it was finished his brother killed himself, (as predictedby the dad during the documentry).

Some other interesting points include the 50 something guy at the start who takes roids and works out fanaticly but lives in a RV but still imagines he will one day make it big. (The future CCS)?

And the exposing of supplements rip offs, where they legally make and market their own brand made of mostly rice flour. And the fact that most before/after pics you see are simply photoshopped.

[youtube:34chn8gr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-8MY1Gep_A[/youtube:34chn8gr]

Watch the whole thing if you can.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i've just finished watching, thanks for the link s.a.f, it was great!

(btw, i thought you are British .)

s.a.f

Reaction score
Ori83 said:
i've just finished watching, thanks for the link s.a.f, it was great!

(btw, i thought you are British .)

Err I am British :dunno:

cuebald

Reaction score
"real" Bodybuilding over here in Wales is seen as something only meatheads from the South Wales Valleys do. The South Wales Valleys have the worst unemployment in Britain and these people have literally nothing else to do other than lift weights and start fights. They usually end up alcoholics, heroin addicts, or prisoners. There's no glam over it here.

A lot of young men will go to the gym to lift weights, but it is seen as something to do for half an hour to gain some strength, release some endorphins and to help lose some weight - it's not really a lifestyle.
Plus you see posts on Bodybuilding forums by all the users bitching that girls really prefer the slim, toned guys instead (no sh*t?) - if you can't even get girls by doing it, what is the point?

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Plus you see posts on Bodybuilding forums by all the users bitching that girls really prefer the slim, toned guys instead (no sh*t?) - if you can't even get girls by doing it, what is the point?
Where have you seen that?
When I was a teenager I really became obsessed with building huge muscles (never accomplished it) and in my experience that is not the mindset of the usual bodybuilding forum member.

In fact, I would say they are mostly right in believing that women are indeed attracted to big muscles.

Even when a vast majority of women say they are not attracted to big muscles, from my experience, the bigger you are at the gym, the more girls you get, and the more attractive ones.
Of course I'm not talking about Ruhl proportions, but guys that are as big as 70's Arnold are chick magnets at any gym.

The majority of young gym goers (myself included) only do it for the girls. If being big didn't make you more attractive no one would be going.

s.a.f

Reaction score
:agree: Its kind of insecurity.

oni

Reaction score
bigentries said:
cuebald said:
Where have you seen that?
When I was a teenager I really became obsessed with building huge muscles (never accomplished it) and in my experience that is not the mindset of the usual bodybuilding forum member.

In fact, I would say they are mostly right in believing that women are indeed attracted to big muscles.

Even when a vast majority of women say they are not attracted to big muscles, from my experience, the bigger you are at the gym, the more girls you get, and the more attractive ones.
Of course I'm not talking about Ruhl proportions, but guys that are as big as 70's Arnold are chick magnets at any gym.

The majority of young gym goers (myself included) only do it for the girls. If being big didn't make you more attractive no one would be going.

I think you will find the girls that hang out at gyms are looking for this sort of man......................... :whistle:

I think cuebald means your average girl on the street? :dunno:

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
oni said:
I think you will find the girls that hang out at gyms are looking for this sort of man......................... :whistle:

I think cuebald means your average girl on the street? :dunno:
Well, these are average girls.
I'm not talking about girls into bodybuilding or even fitness. Just normal girls that go there just to do cardio.

And it works outside the gym too, when these guys go clubbing their muscles just bring women attention.
Maybe girls are not so turned on by big oily muscles. But inside a tight shirt a "V" shape is very attractive.

oni

Reaction score
Well, these are average girls.
I'm not talking about girls into bodybuilding or even fitness. Just normal girls that go there just to do cardio.

Sorry if you think these girls are only going for some "cardio", you are wrong. :uglylol:

If they wanted to just do some "cardio" they would buy them themselves an exercise bike................................. :whistle:

They go to socialize and checkout the muscles, "cardio" is just a side issue.

If you was hunting deer would you go to the sewer to find them.................... :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
It begs so many questions though, why are everyday guys so obssessed about being big and ripped (to the point that they'll turn to drugs to achieve this) when their fathers and grandfathers would never have given a second thought to their abs or bodyfat ect?
And where will it all end? I mean does the average Joe really need to have 18" guns ect?

nickypoos

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
It begs so many questions though, why are everyday guys so obssessed about being big and ripped (to the point that they'll turn to drugs to achieve this) when their fathers and grandfathers would never have given a second thought to their abs or bodyfat ect?
And where will it all end? I mean does the average Joe really need to have 18" guns ect?

Media Media Media!!

We think it doesn't effect us, but it shapes pretty much every aspect of our lives and we don't even realise it.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
The whole culture of guys going around in tight vests in clubs or anywhere I find just so distainful. These guys are just so arrogant and big headed.

From my experience they don't necessarily get any more attention than guys who aren't ripped - they just look ridiculous going around in a vest when its freezing outside! I often find they are the subject of ridicule.

Keeping oneself fit and toning up is one thing but going around with tight vests is just so up your own arse!

HughJass

Reaction score
I despise the entire gym junkie culture. It just looks so ghey when I see them straining away when I drive past the 24hr gym. Apart from amphetamine addicts, who works out at 3am? Don't you have anything better to do?

The 'straight from the gym' look is a pet hate of mine. Guys and gals strolling around the supermarket in their gym wear pre or post workout pffffttt what a shameless display of exhibitionism. I used to like looking at those girls now those vane airheads just make me want :puke: I bet they are mostly 6 coffee's-a-day career driven types too..... double puke

so much hate guys......so much hate