Bigger minoxidil Shed = better regrowth?

mn10

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been on rogaine 5% foam for about 2.5 weeks now and I'm already going through an ungodly shed. I can pull out entire clumps of hair and make little piles of it. In the shower, each run through my hair removes about 10 hairs from my head. I was wondering, if anyone has any experience with this, does the bigger the shed with minoxidil necessarily equate to better regrowth? I feel like all of these hairs I'm losing aren't just disappearing, but I don't know if there's any correlation.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Idk but with me I had a shed similar to you except it never ended. :(

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
Until I quit minoxidil.

science_d

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been on rogaine 5% foam for about 2.5 weeks now and I'm already going through an ungodly shed. I can pull out entire clumps of hair and make little piles of it. In the shower, each run through my hair removes about 10 hairs from my head. I was wondering, if anyone has any experience with this, does the bigger the shed with minoxidil necessarily equate to better regrowth? I feel like all of these hairs I'm losing aren't just disappearing, but I don't know if there's any correlation.

I wouldn't give up yet, it's only been 2.5 weeks. Shedding is supposed to occur when you first start a treatment. The treatment is pushing out the dormant ("telogen") hairs to make room for new anagen hairs. If shedding continues after 4 - 6 months, however, that's a different story. But initial shedding is to be expected.