biglemoncoke's story - (agressive, 17 and balding)

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
about Norwood 1.5-2 right now, noticing the crown is thinning, not visible at all though because i have long hair. currently using nizoral only, and experimental treatment of less sexual activities (less fequent ejaculation), which stopped my inflammation.

I am thinking whether to start minoxidil or not, it does and will probably regrow some of my hair. but i have long hair, gonna be hard to apply, and hard to keep up 2 times a day. and i heard if u stop it, ur hair that regrown will be gone? and is it possible u will lose some other hairs i had too?

my plan on propecia and avodart: wait 6 more months-1 year till i start propecia, just to be safe as i am only turning 18 in a month, and i feel my body aint fully grown yet. maybe avodart later after when propecia doesnt work as well anymore.

one more question about the minoxidil, i have really thick unmanageable hair, does minoxidil regrow even thicker hairs? should i apply minoxidil only at my forehead where theres no hair at all?

Reaction score
i dont know if you are bieng serious or not in the first part of that post, but sexual activities and the absense there of does not effect hairloss. Also, nizoral by itself will not effect hairloss, although it may reduce the irritation and itching of the scalp that often accompanies hairloss. If you feel that you have aggressive hairloss, I would not wait 6 months to get on propecia because the hair that you loose in that 6 months you may never be able to get back. My advice would be to get on propecia first, and continue on nizoral. Then, if you want some regrowth add in minoxidil.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i am very serious about that, and it did stop inflammation, my hair feels alot different when i cut down sexual activity, even before nizoral. i been losing hair since 15, or maybe even 14, would that be considered agressive?

G

Yes, starting at such an early age would be called agressive. For being honest I consider your "treatment" by less ejaculation a big joke. You should get on finasteride as fast as possible. You might regret it later.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
when u are desperate, then u gotta try everything, and it has worked for me, many people don't believe it, but as long as it works for me, its all good. my hair loss is almost the same as yours, maybe not as bad in the back yet

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
haha

powersam

Reaction score
dude i commend the fact that you are going to wait a while before starting an internal dht inhibitor as i do think you are too young. males grow till they are 24 , but i think sexually we are fully physically developed at or around 17-18 so waiting till 20 is a sensible thing to do.

however, the no ejaculation thing is absolute bullshit. there is no way in which this could affect your hair loss, your being a nutter.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol, I don't think that stopping something that is proven to raise DHT levels for however long, and deplete the body of minerals such as zinc, makes him a nutter.
But reducing sexual activity will not make a difference, however possibly it would if you are reducing from 'excessive' masturbation.
I can't comment on minoxidil as i am not using it, however if your hairline starts to get worse, I'd suggest 5% spironolactone.

powersam

Reaction score
yes it makes him a nutter. you make a slight reference to the length of time masturbation, or any sexual activity might raise DHT. you fail to mention that it actually raises testosterone and 'possibly' dht.

also, it raises it for such a short time that there could be no effect. taking one propecia pill will lower dht levels by 80 something percent for something like 24 hrs and then gradually over the next few days they will rise again to normal levels. taking propecia once will not have any effect on your hair loss. masturbation will raise your Testosterone levels for like 15 minutes and you think this is going to affect hair loss? maybe if you spank the monkey every 15 minutes 24 hours a day..... but you'd have to sleep, and hire someone to do it while you slept.

NUTTER, absolute nutter.

G

biglemoncoke said:
when u are desperate, then u gotta try everything, and it has worked for me, many people don't believe it, but as long as it works for me, its all good. my hair loss is almost the same as yours, maybe not as bad in the back yet

You don´t seem to be very desperate if you don´t try finasteride. And I would bet that you won´t have my hair when you are at my age. When i was 18 I used to get comments at the barber shop that I had incredibly thick hair and would never go bald. Nowadays it looks like this......

Nevertheless I wish you all the best, good luck, your hair will need it!

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
lol maybe man, i just meant that i understood where he's coming from, I used to post like that when I was first trying to deal with hairloss. If he thinks he's too young to take propecia, he may as well experiment till he can take it, there's no harm.

biglemoncoke. You may also want to try taking borage oil and fish oil. Some people over at hairlosshelp.com and regrowth.com are trying it and some claim results. Maybe also try soy milk instead of normal milk, until you are ready to try propecia. Just some ideas.

biglemoncoke

Established Member
Reaction score
i tried drinking soy milk, it helped my inflammation. i am trying to get propecia, but i dont have visa and doctor wont give me prescription

CCS

Reaction score
can you open a bank account? you can have multiple bank accounts. and you can tell them you want visa or mastercard for your check card. it is not a credit card. it just works like one.

why did your Doctor turn you down? because you are not bald YET? Propecia just maintains hair. It boosts counts for 2 years in most men, but the goal is to get on it BEFORE you go bald.

If you are already bald, then you have to look at my regimen. Propecia looks more simple, right?

powersam

Reaction score
i dont think anyone should be advising a 17 year old to take propecia. he's far too young and his body is still developing. moreover until we've seen a picture we won't know whether this is actually aggressive balding or simply his mature hairline developing. it is irresponsible to be advising him to start finasteride.

CCS

Reaction score
Oh, that is why he does not have visa.

Well I still think we should see his pics, and then possibly advise propecia or even dutasteride.

Merck tested propecia on 18 year olds. Do you think that is because test subjects must have leagal consent or do you think that men stop their hormonal development on their 18th birthday? Do you believe the drinking age is 21 in some states because in those states that is when the brain fully develops and has a lower risk of alcohol damage?

I would be against a 14 year old taking dutasteride, but I think a 17 year old should be fine on propecia. The only reason Merck says you must be 18 is
1) That is who they tested it on, same with them not saying it works in the front.
2) Doctors probably can't prescribe it to 17 year olds unless they do it as an off label use, since it was only FDA approved for 18 year olds, same as docs prescribing Avodart for hair loss.
3) I would not be surprised if there is no legal reason. There probably are just higher insurance or liability reasons that would have made it more expensive for Merck to do FDA trials had they included minors. Why spend the extra money when most of their customers are over 18, and 17 year olds probably can't afford propecia anyway?

I am not retracting my advice. If he had no hair loss at all, I would advise him to wait until age 20 or so before starting preventative care. But propecia is so harmless, and male pattern baldness so hair to reverse and so hard to notice in time, that I think even 20 might be too long to wait.

powersam

Reaction score
i think people finish their hormonal and physical development at different ages which is why i would not be suggesting a 17 year old start propecia. he may be fully developed, he may not. dht is ultra necessary for physical sexual development.

powersam

Reaction score
why would it have to be post pubertal? people start and finish puberty at different ages.

G

He said he is 18 in one month. If he is feeling scared he might wait unitl his birthday. What makes Propecia so powerful that you shouldn´t take in puberty? We eat all kind of junk food, smoke pot and drink alcohol, but then people are whining that "hormones" of finasteride will destroy their bodies. I don´t know what to say, really. Maybe you shouldn´t be here, because you are obviously not suffering from you hair loss.

powersam

Reaction score
why not take propecia while in puberty?? because it inhibits conversion of test to dht which is important in the development of your sexual organs....... and waiting till his 18th birthday won't really mean jack, your body's development doesnt work by calendar dates i'm afraid.