BillyB's Story

BillyB

Reaction score
Hi all and if you're reading this then thanks for your interest,

I don't know where to start but here goes...

I am considered a fit, healthy and active easy going 39 year old and have alopecia totalis.

Five yeras ago my hair inexplicably started falling out (nothing was sacred) and I wan't suffering anything known that could be attributed to this. From noticing it falling out to total loss of all body hair took around 5 months.

I'm not the vain type and as such I adopted the 'nothing I can do about it, may as well just accept it'. And the strange thing is although I got used to looking at myself in the mirror, photo's kind of 'bring it home'.

Two years ago I had a fairly bad motorcycle accident and broke a couple of my ankle so bad it required a Meccanno set (steel plates) to rebuid it. After which it seemed I started getting hair growth on my toes and legs.

This hair growth, although nowhere near as plentiful as before, was intriging. The amount of hair growth stayed the same, but did maintain.

All of a sudden 2 years on like a bolt from the blue my hair seems to be growing back. It's the usual baby type stuff that other people talk of though slowly but surely dark areas are appearing. At least I can console myself with the fact I'm not grey!

Nothing has happened to rigger this event it just started by itself.

But now hair has started growing back on my head, neck and arms I've now experienced winds and draughts that I previously took for granted And it's a pretty nice feeling to be honest!