bimatoprost

thinninghairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
why has no one tried bimatoprost for hair loss yet ? you can get it on prescription right now ?

""Hideo Uno's study he established that bimatoprost is about 100 times as effective at growing hair as minoxidil is so please do not compare minoxidil to bimatoprost. He established that using about 1/100th of bimatoprost produced the same results as 100 times as much minoxidil. But the results were still modest and that was in macaques and it's easier to grow hair in macaques than humans. That is why I say it's best to take the bimatoprost to the highest tested minoxidil dose available in Rogaine(5%) and then you will have 100 times the hair-growing power of 5% minoxidil""

what excuse can i use for the doctor to give me it ? prescriptions are free in uk at the moment

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
People are using bimatoprost (including me). If you look in the Growth Stim section of this forum you will find a thread about it. We made a group order for bimatoprost powder and are making our own custom vehicles, not using a prescription from a doctor (which I am not sure you can actually get anywhere). I think the best you might find is that one doctor (forget his name, maybe bauman?) doing trials with latisse (.03% bimatoprost solution for eyelashes). Anyways, check out the bim thread it has some good info.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thinninghairsucks said:
why has no one tried bimatoprost for hair loss yet ? you can get it on prescription right now ?

""Hideo Uno's study he established that bimatoprost is about 100 times as effective at growing hair as minoxidil is so please do not compare minoxidil to bimatoprost. He established that using about 1/100th of bimatoprost produced the same results as 100 times as much minoxidil. But the results were still modest and that was in macaques and it's easier to grow hair in macaques than humans. That is why I say it's best to take the bimatoprost to the highest tested minoxidil dose available in Rogaine(5%) and then you will have 100 times the hair-growing power of 5% minoxidil""

what excuse can i use for the doctor to give me it ? prescriptions are free in uk at the moment

Where did you get that information from??

When did Uno make those statemetns?

Ende

Reaction score
big3nme said:
People are using bimatoprost (including me). If you look in the Growth Stim section of this forum you will find a thread about it. We made a group order for bimatoprost powder and are making our own custom vehicles, not using a prescription from a doctor (which I am not sure you can actually get anywhere). I think the best you might find is that one doctor (forget his name, maybe bauman?) doing trials with latisse (.03% bimatoprost solution for eyelashes). Anyways, check out the bim thread it has some good info.
Just for the record. Doctors may prescribe any approved treatments off-label.

Aks20

Established Member
Reaction score
does bim have similar sides as minoxidil?

Used it for 2-3 days on the crown, got significant eye twitching...freaky...eyelid was jumping up and down on its own accord...on googling I found several folks with the same problem...stopped it and it went away...note Latisse too works on the basis of prostaglandins...and they are pretty powerful...give it a try, it may work for you.

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i used to get the eye twitch a lot a few. for years i still get a low grade twiching feeling on the left upper part of my head right below the cowlick. remineds me of a cross between arm being asleep and an eye twitch. not a pain, just an aberrant sensation. its weird.

but the bim... its very expensive in the recent group buy. id just go with a cheaper growth stim like AHK.

but regarding the sides, i meant are the facial sides the same... does it give dark circles and make you look haggard.